• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Installing Atlassian SDK on macOS Edited

Are there any pointers on how to install Atlassian SDK on macOS Catalina?

Whenever I try to do so I get the following error message from install4j installer: 

You must be logged in as a root user when installing this program

2 answers

0 votes

Hello Igor,

Thank you for raising this. I'm getting the same error as you.

I'm checking with the team, but I was able to install the SDK using the Homebrew instructions for Linux:

If you don't have Homebrew installed, you can follow the instructions on brew.sh.

Can you give that a try and let me know if it works?

Regards,

Shannon 

Hi Shannon,

I'm not a Homebrew user and installed SDK manually, but I would prefer to install it from the package.

It should be a matter of configuration according to install4j documentation if I understand it correctly (see p. 98): https://www.ej-technologies.com/resources/install4j/help/doc/install4j.pdf

Igor,

No worries! I reported it to the team, and have logged it as a bug below:

• ATLASSDK-190 Atlassian Plugin SDK Installer returns "must be logged in as root" error on macOS Catalina (10.15)

You should be able to view it as well, so please confirm with me. If you vote or watch the case, you'll receive updates once it's resolved.

Take care!

Regards,

Shannon

Like Ivan Lima likes this

hi Atlassian team,

just verified that the ticket referenced above was closed with a reference to the Homebrew installer. You might want to update the Atlassian SDK Developer documentation accordingly:
https://developer.atlassian.com/server/framework/atlassian-sdk/downloads/

Kind regards,

Georg

Would it be possible to fix the problem? I am not allowed to have Homebrew(don't ask). Another alternative would be to give explicit, step by step, directions to install it manually.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

402 views 23 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you