Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installed Confluence on Windows Server: What permissions needed to start/stop confluence?

MICHAEL O'Neill November 16, 2011

IT has installed confluence + mysql on a Win2008 server. When the IT person is logged in to the machine as himself, he can start up confluence without a problem. This is the same account he used when he installed the software.

When I log in under the account he set up for me (not the account used to install the software), I can run startup.bat and it starts up tomcat, but doesn't start confluence. I'm not able to see anything in the logs either. I know tomcat is running because I see it hosting it's 404 page when I navigate to (what I presumed would be confluence) in my web browser.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on? I'd assume this is a permissions issue...but I've never had any experience in installing, configuring or hosting confluence on Windows.

Thoughts?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2012

I would check the "Apache Tomcat Confluence" service in the Server Manager. If you can start and stop that, then you're good.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events