I am pulling my hair out. I absolutely hate how bad Atlassian software is. Both Confluence AND Bitbucket are completely filled with UI bugs, and Atlassian NEVER fixes any of them.
My current insanely frustrating Confluence experience (using Chrome MacOS, latest):
1) create a new confluence, write some text
2) add an image to the page: use the modal to "drag and drop" an image from my local machine to the "library"
3) finish inserting the image into the page
4) add another, completely UNIQUE image to a different part of the page, following the steps from step #2 above. Confirm that a NEW image has been added to the "library"
5) finish inserting the second, UNIQUE image in the page
6) go back and review the images, instead of seeing two UNIQUE images, the 2nd image I added is shown TWICE (except it is VERY VERY small in the place where the OTHER image should be)
7) attempt to delete the duplicated image and re-insert the 1st one from the library
8) instead of seeing two UNIQUE images in the doc, the 1st image is now in the doc TWICE
No matter how many times I delete the INCORRECTLY DUPLICATED image (which is very small) and re-insert the CORRECT image, Confluence shows the last inserted image TWICE.
I understand your frustration. Please notice that Confluence and other Atlassian Products do what you are experience when the attachments (or images in your case) have the same name. Can you please double check if both your attachments have a similar name?
Thanks for your patience!
Rodrigo B Oliveira.
I'm glad to see that it solved your issue. This is an expected behavior from all Atlassian products - attachments with the same name will overwrite the previous one.
Thank you for the feedback. We already have a proposal with the development team as below, but there is no ETA so far.
Warn the user during upload if an attachment filename already exists on the page. We can additionally offer an option to rename the file or to continue and create a new version of the existing file
Thanks for still choosing Atlassian's products.
Rodrigo B Oliveira.
If it is the "expected behavior" that an image with the same name as a previously uploaded one will "overwrite the previous one," then you STILL have a bug because the UI shows BOTH images in the image "library."
Can you not see that is a bug, or at the least, a poorly executed feature?
Right now, I can see BOTH images with the same file name (via thumbnail) in my "image library," but only one technically exists. If your above statement about the "expected behavior" is correct, then I should only be seeing ONE thumbnail.
This is the most annoying 'feature' in the world. Can't confluence automatically give figures unique identifiers behind the scene so that they don't get overwritten. Why do I have to do rename myself ?
It's a dangerous bug as no warning is given , everything look fine in edit mode, but when you publish all images with the same file name become the same. So dumb.
If a feature feels like a bug, it's not a feature but a bug !
Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events