How to insert image in space template?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2014

You can insert it the same way you do on any other page. The thing you cannot do with a template is attach an image to it. The image will have to be attached elsewhere in your wiki. I would recommend a section that acts as a resource library for these types of things.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2014

Did this answer your question?

Laura Bier February 24, 2020

@Davin Studer Why can't we add an image to a template? There appears to be a a real use case for it.  For example, we want to add our project logo to a specifications template that we use to export and send to the client...

Like # people like this
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 24, 2020

You can put an image in a template. You just can't attach it to the template. The image must be attached to an existing page. I typically recommend having a page per space that works as a document repository. Any time you need to reference the document you link to the library. That way you only have one version. So, in your scenario you would attach the logo to an existing page (document library) and then add the logo to your template. You can add images to a page that are attached to a different page.

Apparently it's a bug in the new editor... https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-66471 unless I am reading this wrong.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 24, 2020

Ah, you are on Cloud! Yes, indeed it looks like you cannot do that currently on cloud. I agree that is not ideal. I'll add my vote to the ticket.

Like # people like this
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 24, 2020

It looks like the only workaround right now would be to create a page and put the logo on it. Then you can add either a page include or excerpt include macro to the template to pull in the image. Not ideal or friendly, I know, but it is the only workaround that I know of right now.

Like Laura Bier likes this

That’s very clever! Had not thought of that! It already exists on another page so i can wrap the excerpt macro around that and be done! Thank you for letting me hijak this thread. 🙏

Courtney Jenkins January 20, 2021

This is a very bad experience in an editor. Any editors nowadays should be able to add a simple picture.  boo

Like Larissa Seemann likes this
Kimberly Chen March 9, 2021

I just submitted a similar enquiry. Interestingly this has been flagged a year ago and the issue still persists. I agree that this is a very bad experience in an editor that allows so many other things to be inserted in a template except a simple picture. It does not make sense to me. 

Like Matthias likes this
Matthias April 21, 2021

It is still not fixed.

Kimberly Chen April 21, 2021

Not sure if it will ever be fixed, @Matthias 😅

Kemal Enver June 6, 2021

7 years later and still can't add an image to a template. sigh.

claudia_gonzalez June 7, 2021

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-66471 This bug is finally in progress, see comments in jira ticket

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events