Inline comment on recent change when viewing recent changes in page history

Evanna McMahon March 19, 2019

In Page history you can see recent changes between the current version of a page and a previous page.

If you want to comment on a recent change you have to go back out of page history to the page and comment there.

Is there any way to add comments directly when viewing recent changes without having to look at the page history to see what changes have been made and then view the document to add comments to those changes ? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2019

Hello there! Thanks for sharing with the Community Evanna.

Adding comments to Confluence pages is quite useful! However, comments are only possible on the current version of pages. Here is some more details on comments:

Comment on pages and blog posts

When we look at older page versions, we are not looking at the same page we had before. It is much like a copy of the old page that has been stored.

When you update a page, the current version is stored in another part of the database so we can look at the history.

Let us know your thoughts! Looking forward to your reply.

Evanna McMahon March 21, 2019

Thanks Diego,

I understand comments can only be added to the current version. Is it possible to add comments to a page while looking at the recent changes - i.e if someone has updated a page I want to see what changes they have made to the page and comment on those changes without having to move between viewing page history and viewing the current page ?

Thanks

Evanna

Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2019

Hello Evanna.

Great to hear that you understand! So, currently, we can only add comments to the current page version while looking at it in view mode.

Adding comments is not possible when comparing versions, editing  or preview mode.

Let me know what is your take on this!

Like Evanna McMahon likes this
Evanna McMahon March 22, 2019

Thanks for getting back to me Diego, I might add it as a feature request and see if it is something that could be looked at at a later stage, but for now I'll flick between the 2 screens :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events