Inherited restrictions only for viewing - not for editing

MM _PREM_ January 15, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Page Restrictions

We set up page restrictions.We want to manage our meeting minutes. All Project members should be able to see (outside the project nobody should be able to see). And 3 people should be able to change the minutes.

So we set it up:

Some people should be able to view and a part of them should be able to edit.

If you create a sub-page the restrictions should be Inherited.

But it seems, that only the view rights Inherited into the sub-pages. As all user, who have viewing rights can edit the sub page (whereas the main page can only be edited by some defined ones).

It that the correct behaviour or is it a bug?

thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2016

Yes, it is working as designed. However, there is an issue that discusses changes - CONF-5095. I would add that it is one of those things that have use cases that need both behaviors.

Deleted user February 15, 2016

Thank you for the link Bob. I've been wracking my brain trying to understand why child pages weren't inheriting editing restrictions. Just when I think I understand how Confluence works, I find myself bitten again by another "feature".  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events