Individual starting page per user/logIn

spaks March 9, 2021

In the server version of Confluence, any user can edit its starting page via Profile/settings.

User LogIn page.png

Now in our cloud application I can only set an general starting page and cannot find out how to change the setting per user. Not as admin, not as logged in user, not as logged in user, when set to site admin.

We use this cloud confluence as an external WiKi for our costumers and I do not want them to share the same starting page and get an overview over pages they do not have access to..

Is this functionality not available or am I not able to find it. There is no easy-to-find hint in the documentation.

Thx for any help.

Kind regards

Volker

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2021

As far as I'm informed this functionality is not available yet. 

However, you can choose to use the Application Navigator to link to spaces and restrict certain links to certain user groups.

Screenshot 2021-03-09 at 13.30.11.png

As a workaround: I would try to create a welcoming space with a visual pleasing dashboard that informs your external customers about updates from the wiki spaces. If your spaces are restricted with a good group concept the customers will only see the content that is available for them. As an additon you can than add a note that they can use the Navigation to switch to the needed spaces for further information on their topics.

Best regards,

Svenja

spaks March 10, 2021

Hi Svenja,

thanks a lot for this reply. In my application it all looks a bit different, but it is a good solution for my case. I will create a nice welcome page now and the access are displayed on top of the page according to the users access rights.

I do not know why they removed this feature, but this is absolutely ok for me.

Again - thank you very much for your quick and useful help.

Kind regards

Volker

Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2021

Hi @spaks,

You're very welcome! I'm glad my answer helped you out!

Many features are not implemented in the Cloud yet but I hope that Atlassian will work on some features to return.

Have a great day!

Svenja

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events