cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index Queue Count

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2018

In the viewindexqueue.action, from where is the count fetched from ? Is it from Database or any other action.

Example: Number of items in queue: 784960

From where is the data fetched "784960" ?

Intention is to set up alert when count increases 1000. 

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2018

The index queue number is from the database, it is the number of items in the database that have not been stored on the file system in the index directories yet.

The number of queued items in your example is quite large. You shouldn't have to set an alert for 1000 items under most circumstances. Please let me know:

• Is the index job running every minute as it should? Please check the History link next to the Flush Local Task Queue in the Scheduled Jobs admin page. If the job is not running as expected, this page has some possible causes: Searching and Indexing Troubleshooting
  • Is your instance quite large so that over 1000 content changes are being made in less than a minute?
  • What version of Confluence are you seeing this issue on? (The indexing functionality has been changed over time and some of our docs are no longer relevant to later versions.) 
  • Have you reindexed from scratch lately? How to Rebuild the Content Indexes From Scratch on Confluence Server

I look forward to hearing more about your instance and the indexing issue you are experiencing.

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2018

The issue with one of our plugins. Can you please let me know which DB table has Index queue number. 

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2018

The journalentry table. If you need to log what exact queries Confluence is running to fetch the count, please enable SQL logging as described in: Enabling Detailed SQL Logging

I look forward to hearing how it goes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events