Indenting the first line

Charisma Riley April 15, 2019

Some of our staff have requested the ability to indent the first line of their paragraphs on personal pages, and honestly, there are certain type sf docs we use Confluence for that I think they would fit for as well: such as our pages of business letter templates. (We are working hard to eliminate having to use 1000 different tools for each document; writing our template sinto the pages eliminates that problem.) However, when I try to indent the first line of a paragraph, it indents the entire paragraph. Is there a workaround?

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2019

If you are referring to pages on personal spaces, what you need to do is update the CSS for that space so that automatically indents the first line. But it will make ALL paragraphs indent.

OR, you need to create a user macro to wrap all the content you wish to have this special formatting with a classed div tag, the update the system CSS to auto style the content.

The other option could be in how you export your docs. For example, you can have a custom CSS for exporting that styles the text at that time.

Charisma Riley April 16, 2019

Sure, and I would have done that in a heartbeat except: no css in confluence cloud. We have a tiny mce editor knock-off and are allowed three sizes of headings and tables in very specific sizes. Wish they hadn't neutered the product, but there you go. Since there is nothing there natively for us to work with, so. . .  sounds like we are outta luck. If they don't give it to us in Cloud, we can't use it. Thanks anyway.

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2019

Yeah, why I recommend strongly against the Cloud version - very little control.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events