Indent not working

Moka October 9, 2020

Hi, I tried to indent a table that is a layout, but it get reverse back to the original state after I save.

Here is video: https://streamable.com/zngy4p

1 answer

0 votes
Vitor LC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2020

Hi @Moka ,

which browser are you using? Did you try with another?

Cheers,

Vitor

Moka October 11, 2020

I tried with Chrome and Safari, both are not working. Is it possible to use css to create margin for only one table?

Vitor LC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2020

I've tested it with Edge Chromium and Chrome and it works better than you show on the video, although not as expected. The left margin will always reduce a bit.

A few ways to work around the problem:

1. Using Confluence Source Editor (my favourite option) find and replace all the margin-left being applied to the table and replace it with the position you wish. To use it after installation basically you'll need to edit the page, click in <> button located on the top-right of the page and then use the Find and Replace boxes.

If you don't have this plug-in installed I'd recommend it because sometimes it's a real life saver.

2. If you are using a plug-in with a macro that will allow you to wrap the table in a container, such as a panelbox (e.g. Advanced Panelboxes for Confluence) or a div (e.g. Content Formatting Macros), you can define an ID for that container and then add in the Stylesheet page (Space Tools > Look and Feel) #container-id .confluenceTable { margin-left: 240px; }. If you have the Content Formatting you will have available a CSS macro that will allow you to directly apply the style in the page and not for the entire space.

3. Confluence's {panel} macro can work the same way as above but it doesn't allow us to define an ID. I think you can use it however if you are sure you wish to apply the same style to all tables inside a panel in a certain space. In the Stylesheet page enter something like [data-macro-name="panel"] .confluenceTable { margin-left: 240px; }

There are other ways but honestly I would go with the first I have added. 

I hope it helps.

Cheers,

Vitor

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events