Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming Links from a Blog Post

Manuel Bähnisch November 29, 2017

I'm creating a new blog post named A.blogpost in Space A which contains a link to page B.1 in Space B. On that page B.1 I'm using the Incoming Links macro by Dieter Wimberger to show a list of all the pages that are linked to my page. What the macro should basically do is render a list of all incoming links which should be the same information as in the incoming links section of the page information.

Once the page B.1 is published the macro shows up exactly one link that is incoming - which is the A.blogpost from space A, but the link:

a) has the spaceID as a prefix to the pagetitle (<spaceID>:<pagetitle> or in this case A:A.blogpost)

b) references wrong: instead of referencing the /pages/viewpage.action?pageid=... it references the /pages/createpage.action?... But in incoming links section of the page information the correct link (the first of the two) is displayed.

I was wondering if anybody else is experiencing this and whether this is a bug of the addon (which I assume) or not. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Manuel

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Susan Ostreicher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2019

@Manuel Bähnisch, I just ran into the same bug. I also can't find this free app listed in the Marketplace anymore. There is another, very similar, paid app called STAGIL Incoming Links. But I downloaded a trial, and there seems to be a glitch where the entire contents of the linked page are shown, instead of just the page title with a link.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215391/stagil-incoming-links

For the money, it seems like Linking for Confluence from Service Rocket has more features:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/166/linking-for-confluence

Manuel Bähnisch May 7, 2019

Hi @Susan Ostreicher ,

we finally decided to go with STAGIL Incoming Links as a replacement anyway. Today I raised a request at STAGIL regarding your reported glitch (which I was able to reproduce) and a fix has just been released with version 1.0.7. The excerpt is now only rendered if the "Show excerpt" option in the macro is activated.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Hua Soon SIM _Akeles_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 8, 2019

According to the plugin author, the link is at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212102/incoming-links/version-history

It seemed that the feature has been integrated into Confluence

This app provides core functionality to one or more Atlassian products. You can download any version of the app from this page and manually install it in your server instance.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events