Included excerpt does not adopt orginal excerpt's content

Sven Ja
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 26, 2018

Hello,

I am quite new to the Confluence world. So sorry for (maybe) stupid questions.

Here's my problem:

I want to install a newsfeed to my wiki front page.

So I set up a page with news (news page): four headlines with some text beneath them. Let's call the headlines A, B, C and D.

To kick out news that aren't relevant anymore, I decided to put a status macro behind every headline. Let's say there are two statuses: NEW and DONE.  So my page looks somehow like this:

A NEW

text

B NEW

text

C DONE

text

D NEW

text

On my wiki's front page, I would like to show only the headlines and only those that are NEW.

So on my news page, I set an excerpt macro, "filled" with a content macro. The content macro is supposed to filter the headlines by statuses. To do so, I set the parameter "headline exclusions" (maybe not the exact term - I am using a different language) on DONE. 

Result is, I have a perfectly working excerpt on top of my news page, looking like this:

A NEW

B NEW

D NEW

Now, to get the news headlines on my front page, I put an Excerpt Include macro there and linked the news page within the macro.

That leads to good looking excerpt on my front page. Problem is, it is "status unfiltered", so it looks like this:

A NEW

B NEW

C DONE

D NEW.

I have no idea why the Excerpt Include macro does not adopt my original settings on the excerpt. I am very grateful for every advise you give!

Thanks in advance,

Svenja

1 answer

1 vote
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2018

Hi @Sven Ja - how did you exclude the headlines? I tried to recreate it and it worked perfect.

Page (News) -> Macro Excerpt including Macro TOC with TOC. excluding DONE

{toc:exclude=.*(DONE)}

On the other page (Dashboard) -> Macro Excerpt Include

{excerpt-include:News|nopanel=true}

Have you thought about using Blogentries for News? There are some nice Addons for Dashboard -> we're using Lively Blogs and it works perfect for us! There are many possibilities for sorting and settings for dashboard. 

Sven Ja
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 27, 2018

Thank you very much for your help. I excluded the headlines by typing "DONE" into the text bar "Eclude Headlines" within the settings of the content macro.

I've copied your source code, but the result was the same problem as before.

Lively Blogs looks nice! Maybe I will try it if I won't find a solution for my excerpt problem.

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2018

Sorry that the problem still exists - is it only when you show it as a front page?

Do you have multiple excerpt macros on the side?

Did you make settings on the excerpt/excerpt-include? 

Settings should be like that:

{excerpt:hidden=false}
{toc:exclude=.*(DONE)}
{excerpt}

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events