Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Include space in other space

Hartmut Leister October 30, 2019

Is it possible to include a whole confluence space inside another?

that's the details:

• I have two spaces: big-space and shared-space
    (for the sake of simplicity: same access rights)
  • I want to display shared-space at bigspace:SomePage
    (page located in space big-space)
  • All content of shared-space home page -> big-space:SomePage
    all shared-space pages as sub pages of big-space:SomePage
    the page tree of shared-space

My best idea is to include the shared-space homepage at big-space:SomePage, but that doesn't add the page tree. Do you know of anything better?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2019

Hi @Hartmut Leister

A few options I can think of:

• Page Tree Macro: This can display the related space tree as hyperlinks to those pages
  • Include Page Macro: This can display the details of another space's page on your page - in this instance, you'd have to re-build the page tree in your other space, but once done you only have to edit in one location to update both
  • iFrame Macro: This implements a view of another URL from within a Confluence page - so you could embed the other Confluence space's main page and users could select to see other pages from within it. They'd probably need permission to access it though.

Would any of these resolve what you're looking to accomplish?

Ste

Hartmut Leister December 3, 2019

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_

thank you for your suggestions.

I was only able to try the first two, so I'll comment those

• ✓ Page Tree Macro: I think this should do the trick for me
    • displaying shared-space at bigspace:SomePage
    • with parameters: order = natural, startdepth>1
    • macros added both to bigspace:SomePage page and its navigation
  • × Include Page Macro: My problem with this approach is that we'd have to keep both spaces in sync, which I see as quite error-prone.

Sunny greetings and thank you

Hartmut

Stephan Reuter February 17, 2020

Hi @Hartmut Leister,

great, this is exactly what I was looking for, too. I am only struggling with the point to add the Page Tree macro to the sidebar navigation. Did you manage to get it working (>>"macros added both to bigspace:SomePage page and its navigation"<<)?

I found one solution by putting the macro into "Look and Feel" - "Sidebar, header and footer" - but everything defined there will appear above the default "Page Tree". Didn't find a way to embed it in the Page Tree at the same level as the page which hosts the page tree macro. (-> bigspace:SomePage) What's the trick?

Thanks and Best regards,

Stephan

Like Steven Guiliani likes this
0 votes
Paul de Barros February 26, 2021

So wait, does this mean that spaces cannot contain other spaces?  Like, there is no nesting of spaces?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events