Include date in Confluence

Hi!

I'm trying to put in a date into a wiki page. On auto-generated Retrospective pages, there is an excellent date picker. I'd like this on other pages, but I can't figure out how to include it. It's not a macro, and doesn't exist anywhere within the documentation. The only way I've been able to include the same functionality has been to literally copy and paste the date picker to the new page.

See screenshot. Top is what I want. The rest is how hard I'm trying.

6 answers

1 accepted

42 votes

You can press // to initiate the date picker.

Oh WOW. Where is that documented? I have no idea how I would have found that out. Google Search: Date Picker Confluence and you get nothing.

Feature request - include the date picker under the Macro's list.

Thank you it works fine. 

I agree with @Felix Sargent, found no documentation for it.

If you're creating a minutes from a meeting template then the "actions" section gives a hint, but otherwise I don't think it's documented.

Ann Worley Atlassian Team Apr 04, 2017

The documentation is in the product help:

Keyboard shortcuts

The documentation is for // as in you're typing and inline enter // and get the date picker.

This is not what Felix is referring to. In the retrospective (and other) templates there's a lozenge that inserts the current date when you create the document.

Where is that functionality documented? I've been futzing with it off and on with poor results.

@Ann Worley I followed your link. This "//" is not documented there. 

Ann Worley Atlassian Team Sep 22, 2017

Thank you very much for pointing this out! I scoured the keyboard shortcut help pages in both Confluence 6.4 and Confluence Cloud and I did not see the date picker: // shortcut.

Then I found that this has been reported before: Add documentation for date picker keyboard shortcut

Please feel free to comment or vote on the ticket. Doing so will communicate directly with the team responsible for the ticket and also, add you to notifications so you'll know when action is taken on it.

Is there any way to change the date format so after selecting a date the day will be shown for example?

Source says it's

<p>&nbsp;<time datetime="2014-04-25" />&nbsp;</p></td></tr>
but I don't how how to include that.

change the code..never be unsure!

BTW, the "//" as date picker has STOPPED WORKING today!! :(

And today it is working alright!

Does anyone know how to format this // date picker? It doesn't seem to follow the settings under general formatting settings as I would have assumed. As described here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/configuring-time-and-date-formats-150144.html

Does anyone know how to format this // date picker?

I find temp solution

<script>
jQuery("time").each(function(index, value){
var element = value;
var mytime = jQuery(element).attr("datetime");
if(mytime != null)
    jQuery(element).html(mytime);
});
</script>

Where can this temp solution be implemented?

Is it possible to be able to have a date picker available to change the date on the page without having to go into Edit Mode?

Is it possible to enter a specific date using the // format?

I would like to enter // 2008-09-17, but the date picker only seems to allow dates to be entered through the GUI date picker and enter past dates is very cumbersome through this process (can you imagine how many clicks i have to use to enter this date via the date picker without being able to enter it directly?

How can this be a 'feature' if it is not very usable?

How can this be a feature if it has a 'bug' that was just NOW (well 3 weeks ago) entered, and will unlikely be fixed any time soon.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-55188

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,941 views 27 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you