Include content of one table to another existing table

Vladimir Shidlovskiy April 7, 2017

Hi guys! I have been trying to find solution to this problem for the past few days without any success. Here's what I'm trying to do.

I have a main table with a set of rows which looks somewhat like this:main_table.PNGWithin the same space I have a set of dedicated child pages created from a template with exact same set of rows and values in them, only vertically oriented:

dedicated_page.PNG

So basically my main table includes the content of all child pages in horisontal format. I'm trying to connect those dedicated pages to the main table via 'Create From Template' macro and using 'Excerpt' macro on the template dedicated page. The idea is for 'Excerpt' macro to fetch values 1 to 9 (headers are always the same, so they are not included) and to use some other macro to include these values to the main table adding new row each time. Here's where the problem comes in.

I defined a specific label for template page and tried using 'Page Properties Report' macro to paste the values to my main table. However this macro won't support wikimarkup and creates its own table insted. Using 'Excerpt Include' macro does not help either: it just wont paste values to the existing table. I was also trying to find a way to create a hyperlink that would add to one of the pasted values for easy access to dedicated pages, but I guess I'll leave it for another time.

Yeah, I know it's TL:DR but I hope someone could help me with advice. Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steffi Frank April 9, 2017

hm... as far as I understood: to solve your issue using the exerpt macro is the wrong way - have you thought about page properties and page properties report already?

Vladimir Shidlovskiy April 10, 2017

Yeah, I ended up connecting tables using Page properties + Page Properties Report. Those two gave me the result I wanted + links to child pages, only in their own table format which is a bit sad. No big deal, just have to recreate child pages again. Page properties report has some issues with sorthing though. No matter what I used, it always brings last edited row to the top. Guess I'm doing something wrong here, will keep reading documentation. Thanks for your answer!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events