Include a List of Child Pages in a Table of Contents?

Paul LaBarbera January 17, 2018

The Children Display macro creates a bulleted list of all child pages.

The Table of Contents creates a bulleted list of all headings on the page.

When I combine these two, by putting a Children Display macro inside a Heading 4 paragraph style, the Table of Contents macro interprets this macro as a single line. Like so:

conf1.pngconf2.png

I'd like to have that last line read correctly,and each item given it's own bullet. How can I do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2018

Hi Paul,

This appears to be a new bug, as I wasn't able to find it reported in our system.

I was able to replicate it on my 6.6.0 instance, and have reported it here:

At this time I am not able to think of any workarounds, but if you keep an eye on the bug ticket, another user may have found one. It will also help if you vote on the bug, since it helps us keep track of the users who have run into this issue.

Regards,

Shannon

Paul LaBarbera January 18, 2018

Thanks for the quick response!

The version was on 6.2.1 server. Thanks for creating a JIRA so quickly.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2018

Thank you, Paul. 

I added that to the bug.

I tried to see if you could work around this using Source Editor but you cannot edit the contents of a macro using it.

There may be some other way using scripting, but I'm unfortunately not very skilled in that aspect and haven't been able to come up with an appropriate fix that way.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events