Include Page "Browse" doesn't see all pages

Steven Cardinal February 27, 2013

I am space administrator for the current space. Within this space I have a page called "Image Library" with a number of child pages - 1 for each image related to our product.

Also in this space I have a Documentation page. I have created a page under Documentation and am using an Include Page macro to insert a child page from my Image Library. The "Browse" box will not show me the pages under Image Library. It *does* show me some pages and, if I just manually type the entire page name into the box and save or preview the page, the page does get inserted properly. So it appears the browse function is broken in some way (of course, a true browse button rather than just using autocomplete would be far more useful).

How do we go about troubleshooting this? We just upgraded to the 4.3.7 a couple days ago. The pages we are browsing for are newly created, and I can see *some* pages, so I don't have any reason to believe it is upgrade-related.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sean King
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2013

It sounds like you need to reindex your content. If you're a confluence administrator go to "Confluence Admin > Content Indexing" and click Rebuild under "Search Index" and "Did You Mean Index".

Steven Cardinal February 28, 2013

Thanks, will have our admin do that for us. Is this something that should be done on a regular basis (to your knowledge) and, if so, is there a way to automate/schedule it?

0 votes
Sean King
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2013

My understanding of that macro is there isn't a "browse" box. It's only an live search box. It won't show you anything unless you start typing.

I've experienced strange things with the live search before. The way I got around it was by not typing in the entire page name or user name. Instead type most of it and click on it when it pops up.

You also have to make sure if you're fully typing in the name of a page in a different space, you don't forget the space key before like what the macro browser says.

Steven Cardinal February 27, 2013

Thanks, yes, I should have said Autocomplete rather than Browse.

In my case, I start typing the page (both pages are in teh same space) and the name never shows up. Even when I get the entire page name in, the dropdown says "Not found". That being said, if I leave the page name in the macro and preview or save the page, the included page *does* show up, so I know the page name is currect and that my permissions are correct.

I'm guessing there's some sort of index for the Autocomplete that is messed up.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events