Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In using Glossaries, what text is highlighted in Confluence pages?

bill.mounts October 12, 2021

I've created a Glossary Term.  In an illustrative example, suppose I've added a new term with a Title as "United States of America", and I've added an Abbreviation for that term as "USA" because while the official, full term is 'United States of America', teams typically use 'USA' when referring to it.  In adding the term to the glossary, I want to ensure that anyone, especially those new to my Confluence space, easily understand what 'United States of America' and 'USA' reference AND that they represent the same concept.

When adding an Abbreviation (or a Synonym) to a Glossary term, these Abbreviations (and Synonyms) are not highlighted in the text on my Confluence pages.  The Title is.  The Abbreviation is not.  The Synonym is not.  Without creating multiple terms - one for the fully described term and one for the abbreviation - is there a way to leverage the Synonyms and Abbreviations provided in the Glossary?

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2022

@bill.mounts welcome to the Atlassian Community!

First question, does the URL of your confluence site end with atlassian.net or not?

Next, are you using an app (add-ons, plugin) to manage these terms?

Confluence will not highlight a glossary term on a page.

When you link an acronym to a page anchor, the link will alway show the page title.

Could you perhaps elaborate a little more with screenshots how you are trying to set this up?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events