In the new editor, how do I create a subtask (indented task) like I could in the old editor?

John Tolle January 14, 2020

In the old and new editors, you can create a Confluence task by using the brackets together [] which is a nice shortcut.

On the old editor, pressing the tab key would indent the task to make it a "subtask" of the task above.  This does nothing on the new editor.

I've also submitted a support request for this and if it turns into a CONFCLOUD issue, I'll post that here so anyone else who wants this feature to carry over, you can add your vote.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Tolle January 16, 2020

Alexander Hixon of Atlassian confirmed that the feature request that Veera linked above is about tasks (which are called "actions" in Confluence parlance), so this question is essentially Answered.

Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2020

Good to know. Thanks for the additional details, @John Tolle 

1 vote
Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2020

Hi @John Tolle

Hope this is how you want to create tasks list in the new editor.

Tasks List.png

I managed to do it by following below steps.

1. Use '[]' shortcut so that you will see task list icon.
  2. Type task description and press enter. This will show you task icon just under the first task.
  3. Now, click 'tab' key so that task icon will be indented as a sub-task.
  4. Type sub-task description and press enter. Keep entering all the subtasks under the main task.
  5. After entering the last sub-task, press enter button and then 'outdent' icon on the menu bar so that the cursor will move back so that you can enter next task.
  6. Repeat the steps until you finish you tasks list.
John Tolle January 15, 2020

Yes, that works great... in the old legacy editor (which you are clearly using based on your screenshot).

In the new fabric editor, give that a try and absolutely nothing will happen when you press the tab key.

Like # people like this
Veera
Atlassian Team
January 15, 2020

You are right @John Tolle . It doesn't work in new fabric editor.

We have been tracking this as a feature request and will be made available soon.

Like Ian Lewis likes this
John Tolle January 15, 2020

Yes, and I've already commented on that issue as well, but it's still not been made clear to me whether or not that issue covers tasks as well or if it's only fixing bulleted and numbered lists indentation.

So, does that issue cover tasks, too, or not?

If so, it should probably be modified so it's completely obvious that it does (because the title and details of the issue do not mention tasks and all the images are about bulleted lists).

If not, then this needs a new issue created for it.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events