In the new editing experience, how to change the image size in a table?

Fanfan July 25, 2019

Previously, no matter the image is in the table or not, it always has a size control. Currently, when the image is in the table, it only shows delete button.  

Really painful 

10 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Avinoam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2019

@Fanfan we hear you! I've just commented on the ticket above but also wanted to update here - this is in the works and should be available in the coming weeks. We'll resolve https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-65573 once it's available!

Michael August 25, 2020

Thanks for committing to getting this fixed so quick!

We have work instructions in tables for readability, and it makes us look a bit silly having ridiculously oversize pictures in every one. 

2 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2019

Hello there,

I'm really sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. We've mentioned this to the development team and you can track the status below:

• CONFCLOUD-65573 Resizing Images Inside of New Tables is Unclear or Impossible

Please log in and click Vote for this issue and you will automatically be added to the list of watchers and receive updates.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Shannon

6 votes
Pierre Gutierrez November 14, 2019

Agreed, this is bad experience. One of the biggest regression in the new editing experience.

3 votes
Lidia_Del_Moral_Fernandez April 21, 2020

Hi, I want to know the progress on this request, it is completely annoying. I have even stopped creating new pages due to this problem. I currently copy and paste one of the old format pages so I can layout the tables and photos properly. The new experience is just much worse. Why would you release a new editor if it doesn't work properly? 

We have had this problem for about a year now....Please fix it asap.

2 votes
Jen Sipich May 12, 2021

Here's another vote to fix this. My pages look terrible.

1 vote
Stefanos Petrakis February 23, 2021

+1 for fixing this, lots of editing work got trashed

0 votes
Thomas Nilsson June 13, 2023

I also gave up adding a picture to the page. No control at all.

0 votes
David Scott April 13, 2022

It appears that this was ultimately added though it seems to be poorly documented. You can change the size of pictures by dragging the bars to the left or right of the image when the image is selected.

0 votes
Caleb Zarth May 1, 2020

Hi Shannon,

How long until this gets resolved? I've literally wasted the last hour trying to find a combination of tables, columns etc to try and control the constantly shifting sizes of what need to be two side by side designs for comparison.

Without the ability to set the widths in pixels, this is beyond frustrating. 

I can also see that this thread started back in August last year... could you please tell me how long before your team resolve this?

This new experience in its current format is no longer fit for purpose for design documentation.

Thanks,

Caleb

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
May 1, 2020

Hello Caleb,

Thank you for your follow-up.

At this time, there's definitely a lack of feature parity between the legacy and new editor. Our product team is working to get the new editor up-to-speed with what is offered on the legacy editor. We're keeping track of these differences and the the status of each on the Confluence Cloud Editor Roadmap page.

The ability to change image size, which is referenced on that page, is currently in the Prioritization stage. You can read more about this process from the Atlassian Cloud New Features Policy, if you are interested to know more. 

Before the prioritization stage is complete, there isn't yet a specific timeframe in which you can expect this feature in the new editor.

In the meantime, please use the legacy editor template on pages where you need to be able to set the image to a specific size. Our Product Manager talks using the legacy template below on the following discussion.

If you find your site doesn't have the legacy template, or if you're not able to find it, please let me know!

Thank you again, and take care.

Shannon

Bjørn Holm December 8, 2020

You really havent fixed this yet? It has been over a year, and my newly converted pages looks horrible. Please fix this as soon as possible 

Like # people like this
Bruce Hickey January 11, 2021

Just converted my first page to the new editor, big mistake.  The inability to resize images creates pages that users will struggle to read. This is a regression and the response is to keep pestering Atlassian to fix it. This is the kind of annoyance that makes users look for other solutions.

Like Lars Rasmussen likes this
Bjørn Holm January 11, 2021

This is clearly a bug, not a feature, so the need for "gathering interest" on the issue should not be a topic. Please just fix this.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-65585

Like # people like this
Robert Mack January 22, 2021

I'm just trying out Confluence to get familiar with the service. Not having any control of image size is a bit bizarre. I've got to admit that I wouldn't recommend Confluence to anyone based just on this. Especially since this thread has gone on for a year and a half.

Like Dylan Omran likes this
Jeff Bendel September 8, 2021

You used to be able to set it to the pixel size, so if that ratios were identical, you could really dial it in. They also had 3 preset options (small, medium, large) that worked 99% of the time alone. It was brilliant. Sad it still hasn't been added back. Sounds like it was removed on purpose? Some internal conflict of allowing images in tables? Not the end of the world, just makes the page not look as polished as it could be with more control. Thumbs up to add this enhancement back!

Like Lars Rasmussen likes this
Jeff Bendel September 8, 2021

Also, all of the other issues like this has been closed aka "solved" but more like "not going to do" because there is a single one open here -> https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-65585

Funny how there is this software you can use to mark issues as duplicates and link them. What it is called......

Like # people like this
0 votes
Bronagh Quinn April 28, 2020

I have the same issue and agree with above comments that this is a really bad experience. 

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to revert to the old editor on a new page? 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 30, 2020

Hello @Bronagh Quinn,

My apologies that this has been affecting your work. You can convert old pages to the new editor, but unfortunately not the other way around.

In order to move a page back from new to the old format, you need to first create a new page using the legacy editor template. Next, copy/paste the content from the original page. This will be to the best of the legacy editor's ability, since not all macros will copy over perfectly. For those, you'll have to manually insert them and format as needed.

If you do not have the legacy editor on your site, please contact Support so we can get it added to your site.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Shannon

Like Bronagh Quinn likes this
Bronagh Quinn April 30, 2020

Thank you @Shannon S I have been able to create a new page using the legacy editor.

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
May 1, 2020

Good morning, @Bronagh Quinn!

Glad to hear you were able to get your page created using the legacy editor. Thank you for letting me know.

Take care, and have a pleasant weekend.

Best,

Shannon

Like Bronagh Quinn likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events