It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

In Confluence how to create own java and vm(velocity) file

In confluence how to create own java and vm file and map java class object and access that object in Velocity

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

May I suggest that you consider using Soy templates instead of Velocity? Soy templates are used by the newer Atlassian products, and I believe the plan is to use them in new features added to JIRA and Confluence. In any case, Atlassian appears to be moving towards Soy and away from Velocity.

There is a suitable tutorial on using Soy templates in Confluence.

The documentation for Soy templates is published by Google.

If you insist on using Velocity, then the Velocity User Guide will be very handy, as will the Velocity Template Overview for Confluence.

Oh yes, I can recommend that tutorial on Soy templates ;)

Full source code is available for it here:
https://bitbucket.org/appfusions/confluence-tutorial-soy-templates

0 votes

Generally, you'll want to create a plugin to bundle all your code together and make it interact. Your other questions mention Confluence, so I'd start at https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Confluence+Plugin+Guide

Even if this is not the right approach for your answer, the process of working through writing a plugin will teach you the basic stuff you need to understand to write code for Confluence, especially how java and velocity interact

thanks both of you i will try

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

7,070 views 6 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you