Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Confluence, how can I stop trying to authenticate against disabled AD/LDAP users?

Randy Erbacci December 1, 2017

I'm not an AD/LDAP expert by a long shot, but here goes. We're using AD/LDAP for our Confluence authentication and apparently when someone logs in, we're searching disabled LDAP users (those who've left the company). The problem is when a current employee has the same login ID as someone whose left the company. In our User Schema Settings we are using the following in our User Object Filter: (&(objectCategory=Person)(sAMAccountName=*)). I'm looking to find the parameter that will skip over any LDAP user that is no longer with the company. Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2017

I've edit your LDAP search above to leave out disabled accounts. I know it looks weird, but that is how you do it.

(&(objectCategory=Person)(!(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2))(sAMAccountName=*))

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events