In Confluence, how can I reverse the order of our Meeting Notes in the left menu?

In Confluence, how can I reverse the order of our Meeting Notes in the left menu?

2 answers

0 vote
Davin Studer Community Champion Feb 02, 2014

If you are using the "Default" theme at the bottom of the left nav there is a button called "Space Tools". Click on it and select "Reorder Pages". This gives you a tree view that will let you drag and drop to re-order the pages.

If you are using the "Documentation" theme there shoudl be a "Browse" button in the top nav. Click that and then click "Pages". On this page click the "Tree" link and then you can drag and drop to re-order the pages.

Thanks, Davin. I have the Default theme, and looked in Space Tools. I found what you described, but it's not quite what I want. I see that I can reorder the different items that appear in the left menu. But there is one item in the left menu - Meeting Notes - that I want to sort. For example - at the top of "Reorder Pages", our home page has an A, Z, and downward arrow so that if you wanted to, you could sort all the items in your left menu alphabettically, or I assume, just the opposite. What I want is to sort just the meeting notes. Our most recent meeting note is way at the bottom of the list, and the first few ever made by us are viewable without having to do any scrolling. It would be more useful to be able to see the most recent at the top.

Another similar question about the Meeting Notes: If I click on Meeting Notes from the left menu, a page comes up that shows 12 meeting notes. But it shows the first 12 meeting notes we ever created. It would be more usefull to have the most recent 12 meetings notes show on the page.

Hopefully I have described the problem a little better?

Thanks,

Linda

Davin Studer Community Champion Feb 03, 2014

There is no way to have the left nav sort Z-A for certain sections ... only A-Z. You would need to order them manually every time you create a new one.

As far as I know there is no other way other than manually. However if you're adding single pages it's only a few seconds work to re-order the pages as you need them. Getting them into that order in the first place is another question.

Do you know you can also re-order them from space admin/Pages? This is easier and faster than doing it from the Tools menu.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

385 views 21 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you