Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Confluence, how can I reverse the order of our Meeting Notes in the left menu?

Linda Ruiz January 30, 2014

In Confluence, how can I reverse the order of our Meeting Notes in the left menu?

4 answers

2 votes
marcosxsilva November 9, 2019

As a user I want to have other options to display Tree Menu sorted:

1) sorted alphabetically in reverse order (Z-A) - currently only A-Z

2) sorted by date creation (older to newer and newer to old)

As our colleague above, I have meeting notes captured once per week... after some some weeks the scrolling is annoying! Most of times we need to recover recent meeting notes, not the older.

Come on Atlassian... This is something basic for users! UX rules, please!!! Thank you!

marcosxsilva November 9, 2019

We are in 2019, several versions of Confluence were released and the problem remains... :(

Like # people like this
Onur Göker August 21, 2020

Now we are in 2020 and still I am having the same issue :(

Stephan Bachofen January 12, 2021

Same here. Very annoying.

2 votes
Linda Ruiz February 3, 2014

Thanks, Davin. I have the Default theme, and looked in Space Tools. I found what you described, but it's not quite what I want. I see that I can reorder the different items that appear in the left menu. But there is one item in the left menu - Meeting Notes - that I want to sort. For example - at the top of "Reorder Pages", our home page has an A, Z, and downward arrow so that if you wanted to, you could sort all the items in your left menu alphabettically, or I assume, just the opposite. What I want is to sort just the meeting notes. Our most recent meeting note is way at the bottom of the list, and the first few ever made by us are viewable without having to do any scrolling. It would be more useful to be able to see the most recent at the top.

Another similar question about the Meeting Notes: If I click on Meeting Notes from the left menu, a page comes up that shows 12 meeting notes. But it shows the first 12 meeting notes we ever created. It would be more usefull to have the most recent 12 meetings notes show on the page.

Hopefully I have described the problem a little better?

Thanks,

Linda

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2014

There is no way to have the left nav sort Z-A for certain sections ... only A-Z. You would need to order them manually every time you create a new one.

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2014

As far as I know there is no other way other than manually. However if you're adding single pages it's only a few seconds work to re-order the pages as you need them. Getting them into that order in the first place is another question.

Do you know you can also re-order them from space admin/Pages? This is easier and faster than doing it from the Tools menu.

Cheers.

0 votes
mukesh.patel July 29, 2020

Same problem - eventually turned to this recommended workaround using page tree macro

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Change-sort-order-Meeting-Notes/qaq-p/1077902

this orders by last modified date 

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2014

If you are using the "Default" theme at the bottom of the left nav there is a button called "Space Tools". Click on it and select "Reorder Pages". This gives you a tree view that will let you drag and drop to re-order the pages.

If you are using the "Documentation" theme there shoudl be a "Browse" button in the top nav. Click that and then click "Pages". On this page click the "Tree" link and then you can drag and drop to re-order the pages.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events