Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing word document - supported characters

Alexander levy August 15, 2017

I have a word document (quite long) where I have linked thetable of contents page to the relevant section of the manual. (for instance clicking on "6.4" within the tables of contents jumps down to section 6.4). However, when I import this doc to confluence - this feature disappears and NOTHING is linked... Moreover, when i click on edit I see a bunch anchors that lead to nothing... There are also little blue circle graphics within my document now as well. Is there a way to retain this feature when import word docs to confluence?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2017

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for reporting this. We have had reports several times in the past, which were closed due to backlog, as well as one curretly open report:

My recommendation is to vote on and watch that last one, and please leave your feedback on it as well. When you watch the bug you can be updated of any progress or updates from the development team. Voting on a bug helps show us the number of users who are encountering the problem so we can best prioritze our work.

Thank you for your understanding and just let us know if you have any questions!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Alexander levy August 16, 2017

Hi Shannon - I have just gone in and added my vote and comment. The isue has been open for over a YEAR! can this be escalated? Is importing documents not a core function?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2017

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for your vote!

While it's not possible to escalate this bug ticket, your comment will be seen by the developers. The comments and the vote increase the liklihood that the issue will be resolved sooner. Have a look at the Bug Fixing Policy if you haven't previously for more details on this.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events