Importing of pages from MS Word without using the Wiki Markup Makro

Marc Keil July 17, 2017

Hi all,

I have a bothersome question regarding the import using a MS Office project. I've used this for a few times and it worked quite well, but now I have a bigger document and it now doesn't adopts the formatting to the page but instead translates the formatting information into Wiki Markup and puts it into a Wiki Markup Macro.

This causes strange formatting on the page as well as the inability to edit this pages for users inexperienced with Wiki markup.

I haven't found a configuration to change that so I am wondering what I can do to solve this issue.

Best regards,

Marc2017-07-17 10_38_31-0.4 _Scope and purposes - Audi C-Box High - Confluence.jpg2017-07-17 10_38_42-0.4 _Scope and purposes - Audi C-Box High - Confluence.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2017

One thing you might try is to try to re-insert the wiki markup in the editor under "Insert" -> "Markup" by cutting/pasting the text into the dialog.

This will try to convert the Wiki Markup to the standard Confluence format.

If there's something that the internal parser is having trouble with, it may not display 100% the same as the Word document, but you should be able to adapt it and at least you will have a standard page that you can work with.

Marc Keil July 17, 2017

Thank you for this tip!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events