• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Importing from .xls to Confluence Cloud page template

Dear Community Members!

I've few hundreds of .xls files which have the same structure and content within them. I'd like to import these files into a confluence cloud page. For this page in Confluence Cloud I'm going to create a template. 

What is the way to relatively easily import those xls files into a pre-defined confluence page template?

many thanks in advance for your suggestions :) 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello Eva,

Confluence requires an add-on to create pages from Excel files since the native Word Import feature only works with .doc and .docx files. Otherwise, Excel files are page attachments and can be embedded or created as a link.

Some examples of add-ons that might help you create pages from Excel files are:

1. Various add-ons related to Microsoft Excel may allow for data import.
  2. A scripting app, such as ScriptRunner, would allow you to automate the process. Note that you may find you need to convert your .xls files to a readable format, such as .csv.

Browse through the available add-ons, and if you happen to have any questions about any of them, we also have a Marketplace Apps product subforum here on Community!

Take care,

Shannon

Hello @Shannon Spaniol  this is perfect thank you for the hints with the add-ons! 

Like Shannon Spaniol likes this

@Eva Kasiak Polaris spreadsheet for Confluence Addon enables you to insert excel files in confluence pages. 

Please check how to insert your excel files in confluence pages. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OELp_2G62oI  

@Oki__Infraware_  many thanks for this too - I will have a look for sure. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Announcing Team Calendars in Confluence Data Center

Hi Community! We're thrilled to share that Team Calendars for Confluence is now a built-in feature for Confluence Data Center releases 7.11 and beyond.  A long time favorite,  Team Cale...

125 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you