Importing from .xls to Confluence Cloud page template

Eva Kasiak February 22, 2021

Dear Community Members!

I've few hundreds of .xls files which have the same structure and content within them. I'd like to import these files into a confluence cloud page. For this page in Confluence Cloud I'm going to create a template. 

What is the way to relatively easily import those xls files into a pre-defined confluence page template?

many thanks in advance for your suggestions :) 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2021

Hello Eva,

Confluence requires an add-on to create pages from Excel files since the native Word Import feature only works with .doc and .docx files. Otherwise, Excel files are page attachments and can be embedded or created as a link.

Some examples of add-ons that might help you create pages from Excel files are:

1. Various add-ons related to Microsoft Excel may allow for data import.
  2. A scripting app, such as ScriptRunner, would allow you to automate the process. Note that you may find you need to convert your .xls files to a readable format, such as .csv.

Browse through the available add-ons, and if you happen to have any questions about any of them, we also have a Marketplace Apps product subforum here on Community!

Take care,

Shannon

Eva Kasiak March 1, 2021

Hello @Shannon S  this is perfect thank you for the hints with the add-ons! 

Like Shannon S likes this
0 votes
Oki__PolarisOffice_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2021

@Eva Kasiak Polaris spreadsheet for Confluence Addon enables you to insert excel files in confluence pages. 

Please check how to insert your excel files in confluence pages. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OELp_2G62oI  

Eva Kasiak March 1, 2021

@Oki__PolarisOffice_  many thanks for this too - I will have a look for sure. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events