Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Word doc - arrows etc do not carry over

Andrew Drury September 4, 2011

Hi: I've imported a Word doc into a Confluence page that contains images (screenshots) with arrows inserted in to the doc to point the reader to specific places in the image. The text and screenshot images carry over well, but I've lost the arrows.

Any suggestions on how I can retain the arrows when importing?

I'm using Confl 3.5.11.

Thx

Andrew Drury

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrew Drury October 5, 2011

Nice work-around. It's extra work, of course - having to re-do the screenshots ourselves - and it would be better if Confluence could copy the arrows as well as the screenshots, but it does provide a solution. So, thanks, Brian :-)

0 votes
briburt October 5, 2011

I was in the same situation the other day, so, before I imported the doc into Confluence, I took screen grabs of the areas in the Word doc with the screenshots w/ arrows, and then deleted the arrows and original screenshots and replaced them with the new screenshots (the ones that include the arrow and the original in a single image).

Most decent screenshot apps will have the ability to save the image to the clipboard, so all you need to do is take the new screen grab and have it automatically saved to the clipboard, then delete the arrow and old screenshot, and paste in the new one. Then do the Import from Word into Confluence when you're done.

You lose the ability to move the arrows around but you now get a single image with both arrow and original screen imported into Confluence.

Seems like a bit of a kludge, I know, but it was all I could think of to do, and the results look identical to what was in the Word doc. Would be happy to hear if anyone has a better solution.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events