Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Word Document Error on Image Size

David Reynolds April 1, 2022

I am receiving an error when attempting to import a .docx file into Confluence.  I receive the error stating "...The document contains an image of size 5,182,477 x 4,163060, which exceeds the maximum size of 900 x 1200.  Reduce the size of the image or contact your administrator to raise the size limit."

I am the administrator of the account but don't see where this setting can be changed in Confluence Cloud.  Also, the .docx file is only 950KB.

What settings can I change to successfully import this and many future .docx files into Confluence?

3 answers

0 votes
Simon Tost _TNG_ December 22, 2022

This question seems to be about Confluence Cloud.

On a Jira Server, the setting for the allowed image sizes can be configured in the global Administration. (cf. KB: How to raise the image size limit ... )

For a Cloud instance, however, this option is no longer available.
This seems to have been reported before and the given workaround is to request a change via a ticket with Atlassian support.
(CONFCLOUD-67894)

0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2022

@David Reynolds Thats a lot of images , I will try but i doubt i will be able to reproduce it. 

0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2022

Hi @David Reynolds ,

Welcome to Atlassian community.

You can refer the below URL and change the attachment size.

I hope above helps. Have a good day!

Thanks,

Srinath T

David Reynolds April 2, 2022

@Srinatha T I previously found those instructions; however the .docx file is less than 1MB.  I'm struggling to correlate the error I am receiving with 100MB attachment setting and a 1MB Word document.

If it would help I can provide the document.

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
April 3, 2022

@David Reynolds , I think there is a cap on the resolution of the image in the document. I have not seen that kind of error before. I will have to test this. Which version of confluence is this ?  Can you attach the file here ? 

Thanks,

Srinath T

David Reynolds April 6, 2022

It appears I am using Confluence Free.  I don't see how to upload the file.

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
April 6, 2022

@David Reynolds , You have the option to insert picture right. See the screnshot below. 

Screenshot 2022-04-06 at 9.24.47 PM.png

David Reynolds April 6, 2022

@Srinatha T , I was referring to my inability to upload the Word document.  This particular document contains twenty images.  I saved all twenty from the Word document and provided a screenshot of the dimensions of each image.  The largest (Picture1.png) is 1413x1136 and is also attached.Picture1.pngScreenshot of All 20 Images Details.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events