Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Importing Word Document Error on Image Size

I am receiving an error when attempting to import a .docx file into Confluence.  I receive the error stating "...The document contains an image of size 5,182,477 x 4,163060, which exceeds the maximum size of 900 x 1200.  Reduce the size of the image or contact your administrator to raise the size limit."

I am the administrator of the account but don't see where this setting can be changed in Confluence Cloud.  Also, the .docx file is only 950KB.

What settings can I change to successfully import this and many future .docx files into Confluence?

2 answers

0 votes
Srinatha T Atlassian Team Apr 06, 2022

@David Reynolds Thats a lot of images , I will try but i doubt i will be able to reproduce it. 

0 votes
Srinatha T Atlassian Team Apr 02, 2022

Hi @David Reynolds ,

Welcome to Atlassian community.

You can refer the below URL and change the attachment size.

I hope above helps. Have a good day!

Thanks,

Srinath T

@Srinatha T I previously found those instructions; however the .docx file is less than 1MB.  I'm struggling to correlate the error I am receiving with 100MB attachment setting and a 1MB Word document.

If it would help I can provide the document.

Srinatha T Atlassian Team Apr 03, 2022

@David Reynolds , I think there is a cap on the resolution of the image in the document. I have not seen that kind of error before. I will have to test this. Which version of confluence is this ?  Can you attach the file here ? 

Thanks,

Srinath T

It appears I am using Confluence Free.  I don't see how to upload the file.

Srinatha T Atlassian Team Apr 06, 2022

@David Reynolds , You have the option to insert picture right. See the screnshot below. 

Screenshot 2022-04-06 at 9.24.47 PM.png

@Srinatha T , I was referring to my inability to upload the Word document.  This particular document contains twenty images.  I saved all twenty from the Word document and provided a screenshot of the dimensions of each image.  The largest (Picture1.png) is 1413x1136 and is also attached.Picture1.pngScreenshot of All 20 Images Details.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

408 views 2 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you