Import word document with Expandable section to Confluence

I have a word document in which some of the sections I'd like to be expandable after I import it to Confluence. I know there is a macro "Expand" which does that. But the question is, what do I put in my word document so that Confluence interprets it as Expand section and makes the section expandable?

I have tried covering my expandable section with this in my word document and importing it into Confluence without success:

{expand:ExpandMe}

This text will be hidden by default but reader can expand this.

{expand}

Confluence treats the {expand} block as plaintext and writes it as it is without converting it into a macro.

I am automatically generating this document many times a day so I cannot add expand sections manually every time.

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Lokesh,

I'm pretty sure you'll have to add expand sections manually every time.

I wanted to do something similar with the code block macro for code snippets, but it turned out not to be possible. (Unfortunately I didn't ask in Atlassian Answers, otherwise I'd be able to link to the info.)

Thank you Rob, I was afraid this would be the case.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

311 views 11 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you