Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import word document with Expandable section to Confluence

Lokesh Prajapati January 18, 2017

I have a word document in which some of the sections I'd like to be expandable after I import it to Confluence. I know there is a macro "Expand" which does that. But the question is, what do I put in my word document so that Confluence interprets it as Expand section and makes the section expandable?

I have tried covering my expandable section with this in my word document and importing it into Confluence without success:

{expand:ExpandMe}

This text will be hidden by default but reader can expand this.

{expand}

Confluence treats the {expand} block as plaintext and writes it as it is without converting it into a macro.

I am automatically generating this document many times a day so I cannot add expand sections manually every time.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2017

Hi Lokesh,

I'm pretty sure you'll have to add expand sections manually every time.

I wanted to do something similar with the code block macro for code snippets, but it turned out not to be possible. (Unfortunately I didn't ask in Atlassian Answers, otherwise I'd be able to link to the info.)

Lokesh Prajapati January 20, 2017

Thank you Rob, I was afraid this would be the case.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events