Import steps for major upgrade

James W. Krych July 18, 2017

Hello,

Currently, we have the following products and versions:

Jira       7.2.3

Crowd  2.10

Confluence 5.10.8

All of which are running on Windows Server 2008.

I am in the research phase regarding a major upgrade in which all of these products will the latest and greatest, and the supporting OS will be Red Hat. These ervers will be initially created with the latest Atlassian software.

My question is this: are there import steps that I can take that will allow me to keep the data from the above three applications and have the newer versions work with the data?

I am already aware of my Confluence instance having a database on a MySQL 5.5.34 Community Edition and what I need to do to get that database up to the latest, 5.7.xx, through incremental steps first.

I appreciate your time and any hints/notes/documents that may be forthcoming.

Respectfully,

James

2 answers

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2017

Here are the supported platforms (including db) for your current versions:

Crowd 2.1x

JIRA 7.2.x

Confluence 5.10.x

Please follow Upgrading Confluence , Upgrading Crowd and Upgrading JIRA applications to upgrade in order to keep your existing data.

I look forward to any follow up questions.

James W. Krych July 24, 2017

So as I understand it:

Jira       7.2.3

Crowd  2.10

Confluence 5.10.8

Will work with a MySQL 5.6.xx DB

?

James

James W. Krych July 26, 2017

Thank you!

This helps out quite a bit.

Respectfully,

James

0 votes
Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2017

Hey James, 

Please follow the Atlassian documentation, e.g. the documentation for migration JIRA to another server https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/migrating-jira-applications-to-another-server-802592269.html

Besides this as always test it first in your testing environment and think about your rollback path ;) 

Cheers 

Christoph 

James W. Krych July 20, 2017

Just thinking out loud...

Will our current versions of Atlassian software work with a 5.7.xx MySQL database? Or, a 5.6.xx MySQL DB?

Best,

James

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events