Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import of Word doc - caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.atlassian.plugins.conversion.Asp

Marco Qau January 29, 2019

Cause

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.atlassian.plugins.conversion.AsposeAware
    at com.benryan.webwork.WordImportAction.buildDocumentTree(WordImportAction.java:591)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2019

Hello Marco,

Could you let us know your current Confluence version and tell me if you recently upgraded, and from which version?

I ask that you try the following. Preliminary troubleshooting steps:

1. We will try clearing the plugin cache to see whether that makes a difference.
    1. Shutdown Confluence
    2. Back-up these directories:
      /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/bundled-plugins
      /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/plugins-cache
      /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/plugins-osgi-cache
      /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/plugins-temp

3. Delete the above folders entirely. They will be regenerated on startup.
    4. Start Confluence
    5. Test the document importer.
  2. If it still does not work, can you please share with us the following results of these SQL queries from the Confluence database. Run this exact query - do not run with SELECT *: 
    select PLUGINDATAID, PLUGINKEY, FILENAME, LASTMODDATE from PLUGINDATA;

select BANDANAVALUE from BANDANA where BANDANAKEY = 'plugin.manager.state.Map';
  3. Finally, I've seen a few users be able to resolve this issue with the following article: Confluence new features are unavailable in Confluence after upgrade to 5.7 and above

Please take your time to review all steps and let us know the results. 

Regards,

Shannon

Marco Qau January 31, 2019

I deleted the 

/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/bundled-plugins
/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/plugins-cache
/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/plugins-osgi-cache
/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/plugins-temp

but it still does not work!!!!

our version Atlassian Confluence 6.6.0

SQL

mysql> select PLUGINDATAID, PLUGINKEY, FILENAME, LASTMODDATE from PLUGINDATA;
+--------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+---------------------+
| PLUGINDATAID | PLUGINKEY | FILENAME | LASTMODDATE |
+--------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+---------------------+
| 1572866 | com.gliffy.integration.confluence | gliffy-confluence-plugin-8.0.5.jar | 2018-01-25 13:40:52 |
| 3440641 | com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin | plugin.2085703770228682918.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin-2.22.11.jar | 2018-05-29 11:35:22 |
| 8323073 | cz.morosystems.atlassian.plugin.easymind | plugin.2479534300702652647.easymind-1.13.0.jar | 2018-05-31 12:05:50 |
| 8323074 | com.atlassian.plugins.confluence.markdown.confluence-markdown-macro | plugin.5357352339861362597.confluence-markdown-macro-1.4.0.jar | 2018-10-29 14:25:04 |
| 10649601 | com.avono.confluence.plugins.mindmap | plugin.2294140264085321107.avono-freemind-plugin-1.7.jar | 2018-05-31 11:59:55 |
5 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select BANDANAVALUE from BANDANA where BANDANAKEY = 'plugin.manager.state.Map';
+--------------+
| BANDANAVALUE |
+--------------+
| <map/> |
+--------------+
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

mysql>

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2019

Hi Marco,

What about the results of the 3rd step? Could you let me know how that went?

I also asked what version you upgraded from, I understand your current version is 6.6.0.

Lastly, can you tell me does this occur when you try to import any Word document? Even if you create a very simple Word document?

Regards,

Shannon

Marco Qau February 12, 2019

Hi ,

Step 3 I didn't try.Because I don't think it's right for me.

yes my current version is 6.6.0.

I try to import a very simple Word document, But still don't work.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 13, 2019

Marco,

I'll need you to have a look at the 3rd step that I provided you. You don't need to make any changes unless you are able to find that error in your logs.

Could you please check your logs again for any messages similar to the ones in that article?

If you can confirm there are not, then we would need to move this issue to a support ticket. I had a look at your licensing, and it appears that you have used up your Evaluation Licenses.

At this time you will want to purchase a valid Confluence license (not create a new Evaluation license) and I will then be able to forward your issue to the support team.

Shannon

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 13, 2019

Marco,

It just occurred to me that you might be running your Confluence instance on one of these expired evaluation licenses. I realize that you opened this case on the 29th of January and you likely did not have an expired license then, but when an evaluation license expires, it forces your instance into read-only mode.

I cannot confirm if this is definitely the cause of your issue, but it could definitely have caused it.

As soon as you're able to acquire a paid license, please let me know, and I can raise that support ticket.

Thank you!

Regards,

Shannon

Anshuman Dash _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 25, 2020

This post seems old, but to anyone who stumbles here - step3 mentioned above by @Shannon S  seemed to fix the issue for me.

Like Shannon S likes this
KC Wong September 13, 2023

This post is old, and none of the steps solve it for me. Using Confluence 7.19.12 on Windows. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events