Import full site fail from confluence 5.1 to 6.1

Cagil Kendir May 9, 2017

Hello,

I am trying to update our confluence from 5.1 to 6.1 but i am running into issues during the restore process.

I am able to back up the full site, copy the Zip to the new computer that has 6.1 installed (inside the <confluence-home>/restore/ directory) and start the import. I am getting the error below...

"Import failed. Check your server logs for more information. com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.ImportExportException. Unable to complete import. Error whileimporting backup. could not resolve property. userName of: com.atlassian.confluence.security.ContentPermission"

I've tried with the "setup index" checked and unchecked.

Please let me know if anyone has an idea.

Thanks in advance,

Charlie

confluence_6.0.7_install.png

2 answers

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2017

Maarten is right that Support may be able to help more, but please note that our docs state:

"XML backups should not be used to upgrade Confluence."

Please follow Upgrading Confluence to upgrade your instance. Please upgrade a test instance first to avoid surprises in Production.

During the planning stages, feel free to post any new questions, we are happy to help.

0 votes
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2017

Hi Cagil,

With these type of questions you'll be better of asking at support.atlassian.com

They have a lot of experience with these kinds of questions and will be happy to assist you.

Best,

Maarten

Cagil Kendir May 9, 2017

Thank you Maarten, I will do that

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events