Import full site fail from confluence 5.1 to 6.1

Hello,

I am trying to update our confluence from 5.1 to 6.1 but i am running into issues during the restore process.

I am able to back up the full site, copy the Zip to the new computer that has 6.1 installed (inside the <confluence-home>/restore/ directory) and start the import. I am getting the error below...

"Import failed. Check your server logs for more information. com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.ImportExportException. Unable to complete import. Error whileimporting backup. could not resolve property. userName of: com.atlassian.confluence.security.ContentPermission"

I've tried with the "setup index" checked and unchecked.

Please let me know if anyone has an idea.

Thanks in advance,

Charlie

confluence_6.0.7_install.png

2 answers

0 vote
Maarten Cautreels Community Champion May 09, 2017

Hi Cagil,

With these type of questions you'll be better of asking at support.atlassian.com

They have a lot of experience with these kinds of questions and will be happy to assist you.

Best,

Maarten

Thank you Maarten, I will do that

0 vote
Ann Worley Atlassian Team May 09, 2017

Maarten is right that Support may be able to help more, but please note that our docs state:

"XML backups should not be used to upgrade Confluence."

Please follow Upgrading Confluence to upgrade your instance. Please upgrade a test instance first to avoid surprises in Production.

During the planning stages, feel free to post any new questions, we are happy to help.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

251 views 11 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you