Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import from OneNotes

Zdenek Freund November 29, 2017

Hello,

we have big db "step-by-step" help in OneNote with many pictures. We will all this helps give to Confluence. I would like ask you: what are the best practise steps? Now we go picture after picture and make copy-paste...Its very slow and very laborious.

Thank you for answZdenek

2 answers

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2017

I'd suggest you try to export that information into a format that Confluence can import.

The best candidate could be using Word documents...

Zdenek Freund December 3, 2017

thank you for help. Unfortunately this doesn´t work (same thing). Zdenek

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2017

You've got two problems here - OneNote does not have a useful export and Confluence does not have a batch import.  You can get around the second one with some scripting, pushing data in over REST or using things like the Confluence CLI add-on, but you need to export the data into a format that can support those.

Jeremiah Dost March 10, 2018

Thumbs up for this approach. I'm in the process of building out a command line utility that uses the Microsoft Office Interop for OneNote to pipe documentation into Confluence over the REST API. The GetContent methods of that interop output XML strings which look very parseable in the cherry picked cases I've created thus far.

Confluence has great docs on using the REST API:

https://developers.atlassian.com/server/confluence/confluence-rest-api-examples/

Using the OneNote Interop is a bit harder to find, but I found this answer on stackoverflow was enough to get me going:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/27294510/how-to-write-to-a-onenote-2013-page-using-c-sharp-and-the-onenote-interop

0 votes
Nar Kumar C_ - Narva Software
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 1, 2019

Hi Zdenek,

We have released an add-on which can import notes from Microsoft OneNote to Confluence as pages: Microsoft OneNote Import for Confluence

Please give it a try from Marketplace here https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221371 and let us know if you have any feedback.

John Dabalus February 10, 2020

We were trying this add-on but we can't seem to make it work. Only the admin can see the list of notes from the import one note list. 

is there supposed to be a setting to assign which users has access to the feature?

Ben Turner December 19, 2020

Hi, I have tried the add-on but i’m getting a redirect error once its authenticated to Office365. Is there a fix for this?

The addon installed perfectly but it fails during the authorize process. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events