Import failed. Check your server logs for more information. java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not re

Flatirons Project July 6, 2018

Trying to migrate from Confluence 5.10.9 with the embedded database to a Confluence 5.10.9 with a mysql 5.6 database.  At 90% I get the following error during a restore:

Import failed. Check your server logs for more information. java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not read fields for table AO_187CCC_SIDEBAR_LINK

searching  the atlassian-confluence.log I found

com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.ImportExportException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not read fields for table AO_187CCC_SIDEBAR_LINK

Other things to note, the confluence that I am restoring to is in a separate install and home directory and is a clean install.  This is happening during the restore during the setup wizard.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
R. Fuerst
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2018

Hi there,

I’ve seen this issue occur when using an unsupported database or a database that isn’t configured according to the guidelines. I suggest confirming the following:

1. Are you running MariaDB? I’ve seen this issue occur when users try to restore a backup to an install pointed to MariaDB. According to the Supported Platforms, MariaDB is not supported, though MySQL 5.5 and 5.6 are. It sounds like you’re using a supported version, but wanted to put this here as a potential cause in case you are using MariaDB.
  2. If you’re not running MariaDB, I’d suggest looking at the Database Setup for MySQL documentation to be sure you configured the database exactly as described. If you find that it was not configured properly, you’ll want to drop the database and reconfigure it. Then you can try importing your XML file again.

I hope that information helps!

Flatirons Project July 9, 2018

Rachel,

Thanks for the response.  I am using MySQL 5.6 and was using the latest  connector/j which I think is 8.0.  I rolled back to an older version (5 something) and it worked fine.

brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2018

@R. Fuerst, can you confirm if MySQL 5.7 is supported for confluence/jira/crowd?

We need to resolve this badly.

Flatirons Project July 19, 2018

@brbojorqueI know MySql 5.7 works for newer versions of Confluence/Jira as our corporate Jira/Confluence is running on MySQL 5.7 but they are up to date with the latest versions.  The customer I am supporting is on 5.10.9 and we are trying to do an upgrade to the latest.

0 votes
R. Fuerst
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2018

@brbojorque - MySQL 5.7 is not supported for Confluence 5.10.x and is not supported until Confluence 6.3.x. 

I'm not sure which versions of Crowd or Jira you are running, but it looks like MySQL 5.7 is supported for Crowd as far back as Crowd 2.12. For Jira, MySQL 5.7 is supported after Jira 7.3. 

If you're trying to import the backup into an instance running MySQL 5.7 and encountering these errors, I suggest setting up an instance that uses a supported database (MySQL 5.5 and 5.6). The errors you've shared indicate something is misconfigured with the database. 

brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2018

That's true but I guess using the latest driver of MySQL is the culprit why the import is not working. I downgraded the mysql driver from 8.x.x to 5.x.x and it is successful. My current instance is 5.8.x just like @Flatirons Project did.

As long as it is completed the import I can safely upgrade the confluence to the latest version.

About the database error, its true again. I failed to follow the my.cnf in the MySQL server.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf64/database-setup-for-mysql-936511512.html

Thanks guys. Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events