Import an XML file to Confluence

Tal Ben Avram April 10, 2022

Hi, everyone,

I would love to know how to import an XML file into Confluence and whether there is a space limit in terms of the weight of the file.

Thank you very much for your help

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2022

Hi @Tal Ben Avram ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

The below community discussion has answer to your question. You might want to go through the same. 

I hope that answers your question. Have a good weekend. !

Thanks,

Srinath T

Tal Ben Avram April 27, 2022

Thank you! @Srinatha T 

Unfortunately, this didn't help, because I am trying to import an XML file that isn't in the confluence space.

How can I import these files? What are the actions?

The Backup and Restore option is not available under General Configuration.

How can I move this file to a new space I've created? 

Like # people like this
hbenakli April 28, 2022

Same problem 

hbenakli June 29, 2022

@Tal Ben Avram  so finaly managed to do it ?

I want to do the same thing but i don't know what are the actions to do that 

Thank's for your help .

arvind.chaturvedi October 3, 2022

I am having same challenge.. looking forward to hearing the solution.  

Mark Timperley December 5, 2022

Similar issue.

I have an xml file that was exported from another application. It contains data I would like to start to manage using confluence (i.e. migrating this data from a rigid application to confluence, where we can define our own workflow).

I would like to import this file into a confluence space, creating page property macro tables with the data it contains. This is not practical to do by hand, since I anticipate 100's of pages created from this xml file.

How can I do this? I can write code to read/write/modify the xml file to whatever format confluence would require for import, but I need to understand that format and how to perform the import.

As a proof of concept, I was able to convert the xml file into an MS Word document and then import that into confluence, but there is no way to specify page property macros in MS Word.

Isa Janssen February 27, 2023

Has anyone found a solution?

Mark Timperley February 27, 2023

Not yet. I intend to explore possibilities, such as using a REST API, but this would be a lot of work and I have not had the time...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events