Import a file but full screen

Laurie Huth March 29, 2022

I have a file (Word document that includes tables and bolded text). I want it to appear full screen in Confluence automatically. However, insert via 'File and Images' just creates a little image of it that you have to click on. Copying and pasting from Word into Confluence cause the bolding and colored text not to always transfer over. Click on the three dots and then importing as Word doc doesn't bring over the correct formatting either (plus I don't want it on a different page).

How can I embed the formatted Word doc into the Confluence page full screen?

Note: I am open to converting it into other formats (like a .pdf) if that will work, too. 

I like how you can insert .png and .jpg and then adjust the size. That would be the most ideal. See picture below.

Screenshot 2022-03-29 140735n.png

However, you aren't able to do that with .doc  or .pdf; these you just get the small, med, or large options.

2 answers

0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 29, 2022

@Laurie Huth ,

You might want to try PPT, EXCEL and  PDF  macros as well. They also do the same thing.  You might want experiment all and check which format best suites for you. If you want full screen then the only option i am aware of is by viewing the attachment. Since you are viewing something on a page, thats how it will look. 

0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 29, 2022

Hi @Laurie Huth ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

Have you tried Office word Macro ? This inserts the content from word document into the page and displays it there. 

Screenshot 2022-03-30 at 10.51.47 AM.png

I use this and works pretty well for me. Here is the screenshot of my page when i used this macro.

Screenshot 2022-03-30 at 11.05.09 AM.png

I hope the above information helps. Have a good day.!

Thanks,

Srinath T

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events