Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Import Word Doc - Column Chart in MS Word is not imported to Confluence Page

We're using Confluence Server 6.13.8 and imported a Word document to the Confluence page. I noticed that the 'Column Chart' inserted in the Word document is not imported (not displayed) on the Confluence page.

Can anyone advise if this is a bug? Or this function is not yet available. function to display 'Chart' inserted into the Word document and will be imported into Confluence.

charts.PNG

2 answers

Hi Jheff, I assume you mean "creating a new page by importing an MS Word document," not "displaying an attached MS Word document within a page."

I have noticed that several types of Microsoft "objects" such as charts, Smart Art, etc. are not imported (or not predictably imported) during the MS Word import document process. It appears to be a limitation of the import feature. 

If I were in this situation I might try,

• Taking a screenshot of the chart, then including it as an image in the new page
  • Copying the chart to PowerPoint, then saving that slide as an image and including it in the new page

Depending on your content / use case you could also try copying the chart data from the chart, and using it to create a chart on the new page using the Chart macro.

Hi Michelle, you are right. Create a new page by importing a Word File.

0 votes
Alex K Atlassian Team Nov 24, 2020

Hi @Jheff Gamba ,

We have tested with the latest version of Confluence and the file preview and office macro for word documents with charts is working. In theory this should be no different with 6.13.x. Could you please elaborate a bit on the issue you are seeing? 

image (33).pngimage (32).png

Hi @Alex K I am referring to the 'Import Word Document' function. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,611 views 7 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you