Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import PDF as a page

Erich Schulze August 10, 2017

I have a large quantity of PDF files that I would like to import as individual child pages of a single parent page.

How can I do this?

Thank you,

Erich

6 answers

5 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2017

Hello Erich,

There's not a way to import PDF documents as pages into Confluence. You can add them individually as attachments into a page, but another solution might be to convert them to a Word document and then import those files as pages:

Let us know if you have any questions about this!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Dan Ram October 30, 2018

so that being said unlike pages which are displayed when some one logs-in to explore, how can you make a pdf attachment visible or easily accessible? 

Like # people like this
sunk818 October 30, 2018

When you import as Word document, hopefully, you can leverage the "Split by heading" feature so the child pages you want are created.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/import-a-word-document-into-confluence-170493136.html

Split by heading

If the document contains Word heading styles you can choose to create multiple pages based on the heading. Options are:

• Don't split - creates a single page.
  • Level Headings - creates multiple pages in a hierarchy based on the heading levels in the document.

A preview of the pages that will be created appears under Document Outline.

Like # people like this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2018

Dan,

When you attach a PDF to a page, you have various ways of choosing how it displays in Confluence.

For more information, have a look at Display Files and Images for the various ways you can display a PDF files on the page.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Like # people like this
4 votes
Shane Reaume May 23, 2021

Sort of annoying they allow export of PDF and focus on PDF as export in documentation, but when you go to import all you have is Word of Google. Might be good if the team documents this up front to save others some time going through process and having to restart.

2 votes
J Britt May 25, 2023

Is there still no available solution for this? I noticed the post is pretty old. 

1 vote
Brandon McNew March 18, 2022

The problem here is that the pdf's aren't indexable and don't show up in search. So just putting it there isn't a great solution. I would love to see it where it was easier to import a PDF. I've been having to take a PDF => Word => Import Word Document. And even then, its not always the best experience.

0 votes
Internship Group 3 Blackforce
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 15, 2023
0 votes
Shaquille Annowar September 13, 2021

Thanks all for the help ! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events