Import PDF as a page

I have a large quantity of PDF files that I would like to import as individual child pages of a single parent page.

How can I do this?

Thank you,

Erich

1 answer

1 vote

Hello Erich,

There's not a way to import PDF documents as pages into Confluence. You can add them individually as attachments into a page, but another solution might be to convert them to a Word document and then import those files as pages:

Let us know if you have any questions about this!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Dan Ram I'm New Here Oct 30, 2018

so that being said unlike pages which are displayed when some one logs-in to explore, how can you make a pdf attachment visible or easily accessible? 

When you import as Word document, hopefully, you can leverage the "Split by heading" feature so the child pages you want are created.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/import-a-word-document-into-confluence-170493136.html

Split by heading

If the document contains Word heading styles you can choose to create multiple pages based on the heading. Options are:

• Don't split - creates a single page.
  • Level Headings - creates multiple pages in a hierarchy based on the heading levels in the document.

A preview of the pages that will be created appears under Document Outline.

Dan,

When you attach a PDF to a page, you have various ways of choosing how it displays in Confluence.

For more information, have a look at Display Files and Images for the various ways you can display a PDF files on the page.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Dec 18, 2018 in Confluence Cloud

Happy holidays from our team to yours!

Hi Community!  2018 was filled with changes for our team, both big and small, and we've taken a lot of time to both celebrate our wins and recognize areas of improvement. One thing that we're a...

462 views 3 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you