Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Mockups to go into Confluence OnDemand

abarnes_cox August 12, 2013

Hi,

How can I import "mockups to go" (community mockup elements) / project or site assets into Balsamiq for Confluence OnDemand?

Assuming that Mockups to go isn't yet supported in the OnDemand version is there a recommended process of importing them into a new mockup?

Thanks

Alex

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Leon Barnard August 15, 2013

Hi Alex,

Leon from Balsamiq here.

There are two ways to import Balsamiq mockups into Confluence. In both cases, start by downloading the .bmml file from Mockups To Go (click on the "Download BMML" link).

The easiest way is to copy the Mockup XML and then import it into a new Mockup in Confluence. Start by either opening the .bmml file in the Desktop version and selecting File > Export Mockup XML or by opening it in a text editor and copying the text. Then, create a new, blank mockup in Confluence and paste in the copied text by going to "Mockups > Import Mockup XML..."

Alternatively, you could upload the .bmml file directly to Confluence as an attachment, add the prefix "mockup_" to the file name, and then use the Mockups macro in your Confluence page (e.g., {mockup:mockup name}). After you do this you'll have to edit the mockup, make a minor change and save it in order to generate the PNG image for the preview, however. This is a few more steps than the first method I suggested.

You can read a bit more about this here and here. Also, feel free to email support@balsamiq.com with any questions.

Hope this helps,

- Leon

abarnes_cox August 20, 2013

Thank you for the suggestion I will certainly give that a try.

I take it that the elegant method of importing assets so that all users have access to community Mockups To Go is not yet support in the OnDemand version? This is a big shame, is there an ETA for when this feature will be available?

To clarify these are the steps I was reading, http://support.balsamiq.com/customer/portal/articles/131430:

1) Browse the library of controls on the site.
2) Once you find what you need, simply download the BMML file.
3) Save the file to one of your assets folders to use as a Symbols library, Symbols are re-usable components that you can customize. See the instructions further down the page ("Where to Save BMML Files") if you need creating assets folders.

Thanks

0 votes
James Ballard October 28, 2014

This would be a great feature to be included. Is it still being planned - we have noticed the Google plugin has this support now.

0 votes
Leon Barnard August 20, 2013

Hi Alex,

You're correct, the Symbols feature is not supported in any of our plugin versions yet. We are currently developing the ability to use Symbols in Confluence, but I don't have an ETA for you at this time.

- Leon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events