cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Functionality in Confluence 4.3.7

Peter Milakovich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2013

My company recenctly upgraded to Confluence 4.3.7.

In our old version, you could import the contents of one page into another, including images, as long as the image indicated the source of the image file (space/page).

Since upgrading, import no longer displays images from the imported page, instead giving an 'unknown attachment' error.

The editor no longer allows you to indicate the space/page of the attached image, so I attempted to add the image to the page using the 'insert wiki markup' functionality, containing the space/page info.

This was unsuccessful as well.

Has this functionality been lost with the upgrade, or is there some trick to it I'm unable to figure out?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2013

Hallo Peter

I'm not sure which version of Confluence you upgraded from. The way Confluence refers to images has changed in the Confluence 4.x series, as compared to Confluence 3.x. If you copy the contents of Page A into Page B, including images, then Page B will by default refer to the images on Page A. Confluence will not copy the attachments across. This can lead to confusion if you then delete Page A, or if Page A has restrictions that prevent most people from seeing it (because it's a draft, for example).

(In Confluence 3.x, the images weren't copied, and Page B would not refer to the images on Page A. The page would immediately display an error until you attached the images.)

You should be able to make Page B refer to the images on Page A (if that's the goal) by searching for the images in the image browser. The docs are here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF43/Displaying+Images#DisplayingImages-Displayinganimageattachedtoadifferentpage

I'm not sure if this answers the question. If not, I'm happy to help further.

Cheers

Sarah

Peter Milakovich
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 14, 2013

That is exactly what I needed! I had actually read the document, but didn't understand the concept since it was so radically different from what I was used to. But now that I've tested it out, and it works, it makes much more sense. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events