Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Import Failing

A space export reimport is failing with the following message.

2021-01-27 11:59:38,299 ERROR [http-nio-8090-exec-5] [confluence.util.zip.FileUnzipper] unzipFileInArchive Entry [exportDescriptor.properties] could not be found in [/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/restore/Confluence-space-export-115352-18.xml.zip

The "exportDescriptor.properties" file is definitely there on the root with the required content.

Does anyone have any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert Community Leader Jan 27, 2021

Hi @Sam Turner , 

this might be because of a permission issue or insufficient disk space, as described in the KB related to this error : https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/xml-backup-restore-failed-with-the-zip-file-did-not-contain-an-entry-exportdescriptor-properties-in-confluence-300811533.html

I would check the zip file permissions and owner first.

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Hey Alexis,

Thanks for your response.

our Confluence service user is the owner of the .zip file and there is plenty of disk space available.

did you unzip and zip again the files ? I have had some issues with this when I was modifying content in the xml and reimporting, as the structure was not exactly what was expected by Confluence

The ownership of the temp directory had been changed to root. This was the issue. The file was there in the .zip but the confluence service user had no access to write that file to temp for reading.

Good news ! Can you please mark the Answer as Accepted so that it's closed ? 

Thanks !

Like Sam Turner likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,711 views 7 32
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you