cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing a timetable in Confluence

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2015

Hi,

I was asked, whether the following is possible with Confluence:

we have about 60 trainees in our company. There is a central excel sheet which shows, who is when in which department: One row per trainee, each column represents a day, the cell itself shows a shortcut for the department and for a clearer view, it is colored, each department has its own color.

We need some kind of time planner application, where we can add the above information and where we can do the following:

• each trainee should look at his own timetable (and only his own)
  • create a view for each department (e.g. which trainees are the next months in department a)

Do you know a plugin that could help us doing that with Confluence? I've already tried Team Calendar, but did not find a way to integrate 60 trainees with their individual calendars in one, so that it is still clearly represented.

Thank you

Thomas

1 answer

0 votes
Darren Pegg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2015

Do you use JIRA? TEMPO might be able to help, you can plan, and then log time against these planned entries. Each JIRA issue could pesent a day. Parent type "training" using subtasks to represent days and then this is owned by the user.  Then configure teams to show everyone within a gadget on a JIRA dashboard. I'm pretty sure the xml url can also be added to confluence to so these can be added to a page..

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2015

Hi Darren, thank you, I will try it. Do you mean the TEMPO Timesheets Plugin? Thomas

Darren Pegg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2015

Hi Thomas, yeah; https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/is.origo.jira.tempo-plugin Just be sure to enable "User can Plan Time" & "Time Planning" in the global configuration section of Tempo.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events