Impact of changing workflow on past tickets

Rohit Challa April 28, 2023

Hello All,

I am looking to change the workflow of our organization's confluence by adding a few new in-progress steps and transition rules. However, before I make the change, I wanted to confirm how such a change could impact the older tickets that are already in the system. Will they all end up being moved to "To-do" for example?

Please advise. 

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2023

Hi @Rohit Challa and welcome to the community,

Are you using an app within your confluence instance to control the workflow of your pages, or are you referring to Jira? Can you please clarify this?

Rohit Challa May 1, 2023

Hello @Alex Koxaras _Relational_

Thanks for your response! I am referring to JIRA here. Apologies for the confusion.

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2023

Hi @Rohit Challa and thanx for the clarification,

All issues will not end up to one status, unless you map the old status to the new status. When you change workflows, jira will map automatically same statuses, but for different statuses it will prompt you to map them accordingly. So you can't cherry pick the issues where to end up to, but you will map old statuses to new statuses, and all issues with old statuses will move to the new status you have mapped.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events