Images not displaying when importing word documents to confluence

shweta singh November 29, 2021

I'm trying to import word doc file to confluence but there is distorted format with no pictures.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2021

@shweta singh can you provide more details? What tool/macro are you using for importing? Or are you copying and pasting from Word directly in to a Confluence page?

shweta singh November 29, 2021

@Andy Gladstone  I'm using "Import Word Document" from advance details option on the particular page e.g. 

space name- XYZ
after clicking on three ellipses (3 horizontal dots) then select "Advance details" then Import Word Document.

I have tried to copy paste but not working actually I have to make documentation for my company so all the docs should be in one format (standard format) but with confluence I'm facing problem . 

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2021

@shweta singh thanks for the detail. I too have had this issue when trying to convert Word Documents to Confluence pages - the formatting just does not line up the way you expect it to, even when using the Import tool.

I found this thread a while back that explains why, but I personally have not been able to follow it. Installing REGEX and converting the native formatting was more of an effort than just cleaning up the imports and adding in the elements that did not convert. 

In my case, it was only a few documents that needed to be edited, so I chose the pain of the moment over a long term solution (which IMHO there isn't, yet)

How-to-retain-Word-document-formatting-when-converting 

I'm sorry I could not be more helpful with a full solution.

Like Yanick Schlatter likes this
shweta singh November 30, 2021

@Andy Gladstone  thank you so much for your help. 

Stay safe and healthy
Amitoufo (buddha bless you)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events