Images all gone after moving from one Subtask page to an invidual page

sophie.cai April 20, 2023

I am expericing frustrating editor experience when one Subtask page is not handling multiple screenshots well, I moved the page to another individual page by cut and paste.

However all 20 important screenshots are gone after moving the cut part.

The frustrating thing is Subtask page doesn't have a history option, once this type of page got saved there is no way back and there is no history view button that I can pick the version I want.

Can anyone tell me where to find the history versions in a subtask page, because I believe I did save in the middle of editing, great thanks.
This is one of the 'not found error' of an image, Screenshot 2023-04-21 152122.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2023

Hi @sophie.cai 

All Confluence pages, even child pages, have a page history, accessible from the action menu on the top right of the page from the view mode (not editing). Can you confirm that you published both the original and the new page where you were adding the images?

Page history.png

You'll notice there's also an option to see the attachments on the page. I would recommend looking at the attachments of the first page to see what files have been correctly added to the page. You probably encountered the errors copying and pasting the images because Confluence could not correctly attach the copied images to the new page.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events