Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image properties

SarahH January 7, 2020

Hello - I am trying to create an image as a link. I can do this in the overview page where the image properties show, but I cannot do this in a page. The properties bar for the image does not show. I am also not able to create the image as a link using the toolbar.

I am using Chrome and I have cleared my cache and I have tried using IE

5 answers

1 vote
Kristine Sihto January 8, 2020

I'd really like this functionality back. I'd also like to be able to specify the size of the image again. :(

0 votes
Tiina Dunn January 22, 2020

I have found another workaround to add a file to a page using a link before publishing it.

When you create a page Add an Attachments table to the page.

Create your page inserting the files as you go.

When ready to create your link, go into Preview mode for the page.

You can copy the link for the file from there.

Go back into Edit mode, create your link, remove the file icon and the Attachments table.

You will then have a page you can Publish with file links!

Again... it's a workaround

0 votes
Tiina Dunn January 22, 2020

I would also like this functionality back and have found a different work around. (not elegant though)

Once you publish a page, you can click on the Attachments paperclip to display all attachments associated with the page.  From here you can copy the link --> Go back and Edit the Page --> then manually create a link ---> then remove the Image icons.

Painful, but at least your page has the links displayed, not the icons

0 votes
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2020

This is no longer possible with the new editor and the out of the box functionality.

While you can add custom in-line images as emojis, as far as I can tell you can't turn them into links.

You could try creating a custom macro to do this - see my article on "How to create simple custom macros in Confluence Cloud" 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-Cloud-articles/How-to-create-simple-custom-macros-in-Confluence-Cloud/ba-p/1227422

0 votes
Brandon Viertel January 7, 2020

What do you mean by overview page?

After importing and placing the image on the page within the editor, you should be able to select it and have the toolbar pop up below the image.

Thanks!

Brandon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events