Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image changes color when I upload it

Mark Vickers October 1, 2019

I uploaded a couple of images in jpg and gif format and when I insert them into the page, the image gets darkened to a blue gray color.

I reduced the image siz to 600 x 300 thinking they were too large, but the same thing happened.

I don't see any options to fix or change this.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2019

Hello Mark,

Thank you for letting us know about this.

1. I haven't personally seen or heard about this behavior before in Confluence. Could you show us what the image looks like vs how it appears in Confluence?
  2. Is everyone able to replicate the behavior on Confluence, or is it only certain users?
  3. Has this issue occurred with other images or only specific ones?

Regards,

Shannon

Mark Vickers October 3, 2019

Thanks Shannon,

For two days now, I have been trying to edit a page I created and sometimes it renders ok, but no icons appear at the top right, so unable to edit.

Then occasionally, i will get into edit mode and then it will hang. Refresh does not work, and when I try to display any page, all I get is a greyed out confluence logo and it hangs again.

Very frustrating and wasting a lot of time for something that should take 10 mins !

So I am unable to test this any further right now.

Mark Vickers October 3, 2019

I use Chrome mostly and just tried I.E. and got the edit button, but all it shows me is the text up to but not including the first image, do I need to open a ticket to get any further with this ?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2019

Mark,

For that, I would recommend that you first clear your browser cache completely. Some users were having similar issues where the toolbar wasn't displaying, which was caused by this bug:

If you still have issues after clearing your cache, you can try a restart of your computer, but if it persist you can raise a Support Ticket and they can have a look at your logs on the server and see what's going on.

When you're back up and running, I'd like to know more about the original issue you were reporting here. I had one case in the past that was slightly related; the color of an element in PDF was different than on Confluence, but it was a result of the user's display.

Regards,

Shannon

Mark Vickers October 7, 2019

I appreciate the follow up Shannon.

I wasted so much time on one page that just became un-editable and spent way too much time trying to delete it, ended up recreating from scratch, now have a ticket open as I cannot delete the messed up page !

My workaround was to drag and drop images, rather than upload.

If I encounter the issue again, I will revisit.

Thanks for your time,

Mark.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 8, 2019

Mark,

No worries, thank you for letting us know. I noticed that your issue yesterday was due to a recent incident, and was not limited to your instance. The issue is recently resolved, so it looks like you shouldn't be encountering the issue at this time. 

If you still are running into that issue, do a hard refresh on your browser, and you should be good to go.

Regards,

Shannon

2 votes
sam.lucas June 28, 2022

Like others, I also started noticing this behavior very recently. Original upload looks fine but coming back to the page or refreshing and its very slightly tinted blue, just enough to tell the difference from the white document background. Definitely seems like a recent bug.

Gouri Bhagchandani June 30, 2022

I too am facing this issue.

2 votes
Ryan Smith June 23, 2022

This issue is still occurring! Image turns blue gray when uploaded

Matt Morgan June 24, 2022

I think this is a recent incident, newer than the 2019 origins of this thread.

I just noticed this happening this week and figured I'd try a search first.

@Shannon S 

Like sam.lucas likes this
Gouri Bhagchandani June 30, 2022

I have also been facing this exact problem. The image shows a white color in other apps. Additionally, I added white paint to the areas in my image editor, but they become blueish when I reload the page. This is despite the fact that during upload, it shows normal white color. Some bug that needs fixing.

HEUNGCHEOL LEE July 6, 2022

@sam.lucas 

@Shannon S 

What's the format of the image ?
Is it possible to check if the same problem occurs when proceeding with bmp or gif ?

In my case, problems occurred in png and jpg, but problems did not occur in bmp and gif

Obviously, it is a problem of confluence, but until it is solved, it has no choice but to do it in this way.

Wendy G January 4, 2024

@Shannon S  I'm having this issue and it's Jan 2024. The image is showing up so dark there's no point in including it. All the detail is lost.

How do you get images to show as they were designed?

0 votes
Liz Burns January 25, 2024

Not only do we experience this blueish nonsense, but images in general are dithering, and those size options are completely useless. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events