Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image banner - Failed to construct 'URL'

Natálie March 22, 2023

Hello,

do you have any experience with image banner? Currently it doesn´t work for us as it says Failed to construct 'URL': Invalid URL. I´ve tried refresh the app but it didn´t help. Do you have any ideas what´s wrong?

confluence_test.png

Kind regards,

Nataly

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hua Soon SIM [Akeles]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 22, 2023

Hi @Natálie , @Sarah Kamulski 

Thanks for flagging this out. 
We have been investigating on this issue upon receiving the tickets from our Service Desk. Currently, the Banners for Confluence Cloud app is working normally without any changes from our end.

We suspect that Atlassian may have fixed the issue on their end after a similar issue was reported at https://community.developer.atlassian.com/t/forge-ui-kit-image-component-in-export-function-fails-to-render-images-if-absolute-url-is-used-in-src/63600/5

p.s: @Alex Koxaras _Relational_  Thanks for your help. 😊

Natálie March 23, 2023

Hi @Hua Soon SIM [Akeles],

thanks for quick investigation, it's working correctly for us now.

Have a lovely day,

Nataly

Like Hua Soon SIM [Akeles] likes this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2023

@Hua Soon SIM [Akeles] glad to be of assistance.

@Natálie glad to see that your problem has been resolved!

0 votes
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2023

Hi @Natálie 

Can you please share a screenshot of the macro you are using? You should Edit the page, click on the macro and edit it.

Natálie March 22, 2023

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_

here is a screenshot of the macro:

macro.png

Kind regards,

Nataly

Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2023

@Natálie thank you for sharing this! However, I can't seem to find this macro in any of my cloud confluence instances (standard and premium). Would you do me a favor and share another screenshot of where this macro is located when going from the "+" symbol on the header?

Natálie March 22, 2023

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ here is the way how I get to this macro:

1) Clik on the "+" symbol

2) Choose view more

3) Search for Image banner

imagebanner.png

We´re using Cloud Confluence Standard. We have some addon called "Banners for Confluence" so maybe it´s a third party. I have already reached out to them as well. This setup was created by a colleague who no longer works for us. So I just wanted to make sure the problem is not on the Atlassian, Confluence site.

Kind regards,

Nataly

Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2023

@Natálie thanx!

That's why I don't have it. It's a 3rd party app. You should definitely contact with the vendor.

Like # people like this
Sarah Kamulski March 22, 2023

@Natálie I'm in the same position as you -  inheriting our plan and unsure of how things were setup beforehand/what was installed. Can you share who the third-party vendor is?  Thanks in advance! 

Natálie March 22, 2023

@Sarah Kamulski We use Banners for Confluence. You can find it under the Apps - Manage apps. The vendor is Akeles Consulting aand you will find a link to their support there.

BannersCf.png

Natálie March 22, 2023

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_I have one more question regards this topic. We used these banners for our knowledge base template and now all created articles are displayed with the issue. I've changed the template so we're now using a standard Confluence feature, the info panel. My question is, is there any way to automatically make changes to all articles created or do we have to do it manually? Does this mean that template changes are not automatically populated into already created articles?

Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2023

@Natálie no, you have to do it manually.

If you changed the space template, then all newly created pages, after the change, will bear this change. But for the existing ones you have to edit them manually.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events