Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Replace GIF Images with PNG for Offline Manual

irina chumanova September 24, 2019

Recently, we started to use GIF images in the documentation. But some of our customers need offline documentation. Is there a known way to add a static image like PNG as a GIF image replacement for the exported offline documentation?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 26, 2019

Hi @irina chumanova

If you're exporting the documentation using my team's Scroll PDF exporter app, you could add the GIFs to your pages within a Scroll ignore macro and right below, add a Scroll Only macro with the PNG version of the image.

In this way, readers in Confluence will see the GIF and people reading the PDF will see the PNG.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2019

Thank you, Matt! I was just suggesting some of your team's add-ons and I hadn't seen you replied already. 🙂 

Shannon

Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 26, 2019

Glad to see you're on the case @Shannon S

Like Shannon S likes this
irina chumanova September 26, 2019

Thanks a lot, Matt and Shannon. Yes, we export using Scroll PDF Exporter. We'll try to use macros as you suggested. 

Like Shannon S likes this
Violet Green January 25, 2022

How do you add the "GIFs to your pages within a Scroll ignore macro"?
What file formats are allowed besides GIFs?
Are there size limits?

Thank you!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2019

Hello @irina chumanova,

Happy to help you to come up with a solution for this.

How will your offline documentation be stored? If your Confluence instance is simply offline, then you can just attach the GIFs to your page and they will display anyway because they're local to your instance.

If you're exporting to PDF or Word then it should just display the static image on the page.

Otherwise, there are some 3rd party add-ons that allow you to modify your exported pages according to your requirements:

I hope that helps, but let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Shannon

irina chumanova October 11, 2019

I tried Scroll PDF exporter but it does not work. The problem may be we have an older version (4.9.1) and we need to update. But the macros worked neither for the exported file nor for the web page. Do not know why. I'll try some other solutions.

Thomas Rough _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2019

Hi Irina,

Thanks for the reply. What specifically wasn't working? Was the excluded content within the Scroll macros being included in your generated export? Or was the export failing?

To further investigate the issue you're facing, it would be great if you could send some additional information to support@k15t.com and we can then continue the conversation within a support ticket that will be created.

Look forward to your response.

Cheers, Thomas (K15t)

Like Matt Reiner _K15t_ likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events