Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Illegal reflective access by BytecodeProviderImpl_ImplementV2Proxy

sokogen December 19, 2019

After upgrading from version 7.0.2 to 7.2.0 I have some WARNING messages in logs:

19-Dec-2019 12:47:52.184 INFO [Catalina-utility-2] org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log 1 Spring WebApplicationInitializers detected on classpath
19-Dec-2019 12:47:52.268 INFO [Catalina-utility-2] org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner.scanJars At least one JAR was scanned for TLDs yet contained no TLDs. Enable debug logging for this logger for a complete list of JARs that were scanned but no TLDs were found in them. Skipping unneeded JARs during scanning can improve startup time and JSP compilation time.
19-Dec-2019 12:47:52.412 INFO [Catalina-utility-2] org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log Initializing Spring DispatcherServlet 'dispatcher'
2019-12-19 12:47:52,939 INFO [Catalina-utility-1] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] contextInitialized Starting Confluence 7.2.0 [build 8401 based on commit hash 912a577971fe711d4a876d9130277d03b009a0bf] - synchrony version 3.1.0-master-0f086db5
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.atlassian.hibernate.adapter.proxy.BytecodeProviderImpl_ImplementV2Proxy (file:/opt/atlassian/confluence/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/hibernate.adapter-1.0.3.jar) to field java.lang.reflect.Field.modifiers
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.atlassian.hibernate.adapter.proxy.BytecodeProviderImpl_ImplementV2Proxy
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

Who is the maintainers of com.atlassian.hibernate.adapter.proxy.BytecodeProviderImpl_ImplementV2Proxy?

2 answers

0 votes
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2021

See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-70484 and use JDK 11.0.8 and higher

0 votes
Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 19, 2019

Can't tell you what's causing this but the illegal reflective access error was added with Java 9. So if you can try to run Confluence on Java 8 that might fix this problem for you.

sokogen December 19, 2019

Ok! But I just run confluence inside docker container with official image atlassian/confluence-server.

There Java 11.0.5:

root@wiki:/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence# java --version
openjdk 11.0.5 2019-10-15
OpenJDK Runtime Environment AdoptOpenJDK (build 11.0.5+10)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM AdoptOpenJDK (build 11.0.5+10, mixed mode)

Do you have image with current version of Confluence and Java 8?

Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 20, 2019

That is definitely weird then. You could try going through the tags and choose one that specifically says JDK8. E.g. this one: https://hub.docker.com/layers/atlassian/confluence-server/7.0.5-jdk8/images/sha256-62196f68d2bc2be03d42f9f84899a120145928b107fc0d68f6f1aec2703abec1

M Hoogenboom January 8, 2020

I've the same, but it seems to me that atlassian should solve that, not the community or paying customers. I will report it. I don't want to use jdk 8 anymore.

Like # people like this
max February 28, 2020

Problem still exists, tag 7.3-jdk8 does not exist, tag 7-jdk8 exists but does not work because its build is too old for the new data.

heiko häfele April 1, 2020

I have the same messages in my docker logs

Ernestas Staugaitis September 30, 2020

I have the same issue

Thomas Jung September 30, 2020

Issue still exist!

Sandro Lang December 15, 2020

issue still exist (installation without docker):

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.atlassian.hibernate.adapter.proxy.BytecodeProviderImpl_ImplementV2Proxy (file:/opt/atlassian/confluence/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/hibernate.adapter-1.0.3.jar) to field java.lang.reflect.Field.modifiers
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.atlassian.hibernate.adapter.proxy.BytecodeProviderImpl_ImplementV2Proxy
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release 

andre December 1, 2021

I'm having the same problem updating Confluence to version 7.13.2. Has anyone found any solution to this problem?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events